Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My last two weeks

Chats: 0

Default My last two weeks

Now that I have given my notice I can see this is going to be far more emotional than I thought. I'm really starting to find out that in just being there a year and a half how big of an impact I really had on this place. I'm having a great time telling my story to everyone there. They are all very happy for me, say it's incredible. I didn't realize how attached I have become to the place and the people around me and how attached they are to me. I'm used to making myself the center of attention by being obnoxious but not for reasons like this.
    Last edited by Phonetek; 08-06-2019 at 02:04 PM.
    Bowling Center Manager
    Arsenal consists of mainly 15# Motiv balls, I have several now and they are the bomb! Too many to list and carry. Still have a couple Hammer balls and my AMF RPM Swirl (old reliable) & 25+yr old Linds worth a mention
    Currently 535+ Rev Rate @ 19 MPH (This probably needs to be updated, I think I've toned each down a click or two these days. I'm letting the ball do more of the work as I get older.)

Just think of how much bigger the impact you make on people will be in an establishment such as the one you will be working at soon, where what you say holds sway!
    "Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might."
    - Ecclesiastes 9:10 (KJV)

I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums.

Maybe LOL Them southerner's may not like some northerner coming down swimmin' in their soup. Wow, that sounded like a very southern thing to say didn't it?
    Last edited by Phonetek; 08-06-2019 at 09:13 PM.
    Bowling Center Manager
    Arsenal consists of mainly 15# Motiv balls, I have several now and they are the bomb! Too many to list and carry. Still have a couple Hammer balls and my AMF RPM Swirl (old reliable) & 25+yr old Linds worth a mention
    Currently 535+ Rev Rate @ 19 MPH (This probably needs to be updated, I think I've toned each down a click or two these days. I'm letting the ball do more of the work as I get older.)

Chats: 55

Quote Originally Posted by Phonetek View Post
    Maybe LOL Them southerner's may not like some northerner coming down swimmin' in their soup. Wow, that sounded like a very southern thing to say didn't it?
    Well, saying things like that they'll never know you're a northerner (:>
    Proud member of bowlingboards.com bowling forums & winner of bowling ball give-away!
    High Series - 704; High Game - 290 (a long time ago) Current Average - 150

It sounds to me more like a northerner trying to sound southern, haha.

On the upside, I'm not single so no shotgun weddings for me. At least there better not be! I'll be sure to watch for banana peels on the sidewalk so nothing "accidental" happens. =)
    Bowling Center Manager

Crazy night last night at work. It was dead 90% of the night because they were doing road construction right in front of our building taking up the entire street for parking. Not squat going on UNTIL....10 minutes before close at midnight I had 40 people walk downstairs. I already had all the beer taps and liquor locked, TV's off and was just waiting to count down the register. I was the only employee in the building because I already sent the others home. They said "It's her 21'st birthday and we're doing a pub crawl and we want 15 pitchers of bud light and a shot of Fireball for everyone. Oh yeah, we'd like to bowl too"

My jaw just hit the floor and said "Well...we close in 10 minute but....let me get my keys and get everything unlocked" I ended up staying until open until 2am. That beer and shots they initially ordered wasn't even a scratch on the surface of what they ended up with. I ended up bringing in over $2k in 2 hours in sales between booze and bowling and they dropped almost my record in tips! Before them I would have went home with 6 bucks. LOL I didn't even have to split it since I was the only one there.

They kept asking me if I minded staying and I said "Hey, as long as their spending money I'll be here happy to take it" This is one thing that I will miss about where I'm going. This isn't the first "Pop up" party we've had. Usually not right before close. I told them before they leave the building to stop at the counter and write down where they work so I can come hang out 2 hours after close where they work. =) I don't foresee this happening at the new place. Well, it's 24/7 so obviously it won't be before close but these pop up parties. It would be nice though, I love it when they happen. Not just because of the tips, they are always just a blast to be a part of.
    Bowling Center Manager

Crazy night last night at work. It was dead 90% of the night because they were doing road construction right in front of our building taking up the entire street for parking. Not squat going on UNTIL....10 minutes before close at midnight I had 40 people walk downstairs. I already had all the beer taps and liquor locked, TV's off and was just waiting to count down the register. I was the only employee in the building because I already sent the others home. They said "It's her 21'st birthday and we're doing a pub crawl and we want 15 pitchers of bud light and a shot of Fireball for everyone. Oh yeah, we'd like to bowl too"

My jaw just hit the floor and said "Well...we close in 10 minute but....let me get my keys and get everything unlocked" I ended up staying until open until 2am. That beer and shots they initially ordered wasn't even a scratch on the surface of what they ended up with. I ended up bringing in over $2k in 2 hours in sales between booze and bowling and they dropped almost my record in tips! Before them I would have went home with 6 bucks. LOL I didn't even have to split it since I was the only one there.

They kept asking me if I minded staying and I said "Hey, as long as their spending money I'll be here happy to take it" This is one thing that I will miss about where I'm going. This isn't the first "Pop up" party we've had. Usually not right before close. I told them before they leave the building to stop at the counter and write down where they work so I can come hang out 2 hours after close where they work. =) I don't foresee this happening at the new place. Well, it's 24/7 so obviously it won't be before close but these pop up parties. It would be nice though, I love it when they happen. Not just because of the tips, they are always just a blast to be a part of.
    Sounds like a better time than when you were dealing with the swarm of people who didn't want to pay for anything, haha. :-) Nice!
    "Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might."
    - Ecclesiastes 9:10 (KJV)

I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums.

Yep, you tend to deal with many extremes at a bowling center good and bad. Usually more good
    Bowling Center Manager

Yep, you tend to deal with many extremes at a bowling center good and bad. Usually more good
    It sounds like a very interesting job. Always keeps you on your toes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast