Thread: Bowling Jersey Preferences

Default Bowling Jersey Preferences

Are you a polo type of person? Custom tees? Performance shirt with zipper?

I'm asking since I've had a lot of questions from parents about what the jerseys are going to be made out of, and I was wondering what you all prefer.
    I am a proud member of bowlingboards.com bowling Forums and ball contest winner
    What's in the bag: Radical Zing/Ebonite Choice Pearl/Track Tactix

Chats: 204

I'm old school, so I prefer the old button up, rockabilly style shirts. Unfortunately, leagues have moved away from those to cheaper performance or t-shirt options.

Super Moderator

Blog Entries
    Chats: 1305

I like the jerseys that have the 1/4 zipper. Collar type is personal preference and can be chosen at the time of ordering. If you click the link in my signature for bowlifi and see anything you like, let me know. They have some that start as low as $29.
    Brunswick Bowling Staff

Ultimate Bowling Products Staff

USBC Registered Volunteer and Level l Coach

Bowlifi

Instagram (Follow me)

Personal Facebook Bowling Page (Like it)

YouTube Channel (Subscribe to it)

Tournament Page (Like it)

Chats: 0

Polo for me, definitely polo. I'm too skinny for jerseys, I swim in them. Plus I have had to wear polo shirts for work for every job I had since I was 15 unless it was shirt and tie. I have about 50 of them in my closet LOL

I'm not opposed to buying one of those snazzy stretchy sporty outfits they wear on tv with matching pants. That would work for me too.
    Bowling Center Manager
    Arsenal consists of mainly 15# Motiv balls, I have several now and they are the bomb! Too many to list and carry. Still have a couple Hammer balls and my AMF RPM Swirl (old reliable) & 25+yr old Linds worth a mention
    Currently 535+ Rev Rate @ 19 MPH (This probably needs to be updated, I think I've toned each down a click or two these days. I'm letting the ball do more of the work as I get older.)

Polo for me with a sleeveless non-cotton T underneath.

I'm with Aslan on the old school button up as a first preference, with a polo being second. But then i have a small collection of loud Hawaiian shirts that I wear in casual Fridays. I just don't like the quarter zip tech jerseys for a lot of stuff..

Used to always wear polos/golf shirts since it's what I had worn to work. Our sponsor gave us tees one year and since I'm now retired, tees are all I wear. Last time I wore anything else was at nationals. It's purely a matter of comfort. A shirt doesn't effect the way you roll the ball.

Chats: 55

Quote Originally Posted by rdd1952 View Post
    A shirt doesn't effect the way you roll the ball.
    I tend to disagree with this statement. Maybe it pertains mostly to women than to men, due to the varying styles of women's tops. I know that I hate to bowl with a shirt that is tucked in at the waist. Feels too constricting. Also, since my shirt is outside it can not be overly large or flowing at the bottom or it tends to get caught up in my back swing.

One day one of our teammates had on a really cute shirt, but when she bowled it rose up and showed some skin. She was very concerned about this and appeared not to throw the ball as normal, in order to prevent it from happening. A few months later she showed up with the same shirt (at breakfast) and I mentioned it. She left breakfast early to do an errand. When she arrived at the lanes, she had a shirt to change into as she had gone to Walmart and bought a shirt.
    Proud member of bowlingboards.com bowling forums & winner of bowling ball give-away!
    High Series - 704; High Game - 290 (a long time ago) Current Average - 150

Quote Originally Posted by classygranny View Post
    I tend to disagree with this statement. Maybe it pertains mostly to women than to men, due to the varying styles of women's tops.
    But even in the instance you mentioned, the shirt itself wasn't really having any effect on her arm swing. It was the thought of showing something that made her change the way she rolled. As to tucked or untucked, when I wore polos they were always tucked in but I never tuck my tee in and I can't tell any difference. Once you roll the first couple practice balls, any tightness will alleviate itself so that it's loose and you can swing your arm. But, yes, if the shirt doesn't fit properly, it can cause a problem but that can happen with any type shirt you wear.