Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bowling under pressure?

Chats: 0

I will say Boatman, when you do evolve and adapt you're going to feel like a whole new person on the lanes. You'll be amazed at what you see.
    Bowling Center Manager
    Arsenal consists of mainly 15# Motiv balls, I have several now and they are the bomb! Too many to list and carry. Still have a couple Hammer balls and my AMF RPM Swirl (old reliable) & 25+yr old Linds worth a mention
    Currently 535+ Rev Rate @ 19 MPH (This probably needs to be updated, I think I've toned each down a click or two these days. I'm letting the ball do more of the work as I get older.)

I had a situation one time when I was in the last few frames of a not-so-good game, when two of the best bowlers in the place walked up and started watching me bowl. I felt a lot of pressure to get it right, and ended up striking out in the 10th frame. That was the first and only time I ever did that. I tried repeating it many times after that, standing where I stood and throwing for the same board, and ended up throwing a gutter ball.

Point being, sometimes all that is needed to squeeze out the inner bowler is a little bit of pressure.

High Roller

One night several months ago I was really struggling. Teammate called one of the top bowlers over that is also a lefty to watch to see if he could see anything I was doing wrong. Next ball was dead in the pocket strike. He looked at my teammate and said 'looked good to me'...lol
    Arsenal "15# Global Eternity Pi-45x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Xponent-60x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Zen Soul-60x4.5x40" "15# Roto Grip Idol Helios-90 x 2.25 x 45" "15# 900 Global Altered Reality-50x3.625x30" "15# Brunswick Uppercut-80x3.625x35" "15# Brunswick Igniter-70x5.5x35" "15# Raw Hammer Pearl 45x5.75x40" "15# Brunswick T-Zone"
    Rev Rate about 270 @ about 15.5 MPH at the pins* High Game: 290 - High Series: 733. PAP: 5 1/8"x1" up; tilt 20*, rotation 75*. YTD highs - 290-733
    Oh, and LEFTY!!!

The car never squeaks when you bring it to the mechanic. LOL
    Bowling Center Manager
    Arsenal consists of mainly 15# Motiv balls, I have several now and they are the bomb! Too many to list and carry. Still have a couple Hammer balls and my AMF RPM Swirl (old reliable) & 25+yr old Linds worth a mention
    Currently 535+ Rev Rate @ 19 MPH (This probably needs to be updated, I think I've toned each down a click or two these days. I'm letting the ball do more of the work as I get older.)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12