Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bowling under pressure?

Chats: 0

I will say Boatman, when you do evolve and adapt you're going to feel like a whole new person on the lanes. You'll be amazed at what you see.
    Bowling Center Employee (Assistant Manager, Counter, Bartender and AMF Pinsetter Mechanic)
    Arsenal only consists of 3 balls currently "15# Hammer Rip'd (Sport Only)" & Faball Original Black Hammer (Spare Ball / Main THS) Venom Shock & 20+yr old Linds worth a mention
    Currently 535+ Rev Rate @ 19 MPH

I had a situation one time when I was in the last few frames of a not-so-good game, when two of the best bowlers in the place walked up and started watching me bowl. I felt a lot of pressure to get it right, and ended up striking out in the 10th frame. That was the first and only time I ever did that. I tried repeating it many times after that, standing where I stood and throwing for the same board, and ended up throwing a gutter ball.

Point being, sometimes all that is needed to squeeze out the inner bowler is a little bit of pressure.

Pin Crusher

One night several months ago I was really struggling. Teammate called one of the top bowlers over that is also a lefty to watch to see if he could see anything I was doing wrong. Next ball was dead in the pocket strike. He looked at my teammate and said 'looked good to me'...lol
    Arsenal "15# Radical Conspiracy" "15# Brunswick Kingpin" "15# Hammer Black Widow Gold" "15# Brunswick Rhino Black Pearl"
    Rev Rate about 325 @ about 17.5 MPH * High Game: 267 - High Series: ~670ish (late 90's early 2000's)
    Oh, and LEFTY!!!
    I am a proud member of bowlingboards.com bowling forums

The car never squeaks when you bring it to the mechanic. LOL
    Bowling Center Employee (Assistant Manager, Counter, Bartender and AMF Pinsetter Mechanic)
    Arsenal only consists of 3 balls currently "15# Hammer Rip'd (Sport Only)" & Faball Original Black Hammer (Spare Ball / Main THS) Venom Shock & 20+yr old Linds worth a mention
    Currently 535+ Rev Rate @ 19 MPH

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12