Thread: A little practice today getting ready for league

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Default A little practice today getting ready for league

Well My girlfriend do to some medical issues will miss the first few weeks of league, so my sister is going to bowl with me this season at least for the start. She dug her old ball out (A white dot) and we went down and she got some new shoes. So today we went down to the lanes so she could see if she could still bowl after 20 years or so!!

So we went to the lanes and rented them for 2 hours, I just brought one ball. It was my Pyramid Pathogen Plague Urethane, I just had the X-hole plugged and wanted to see how it would do. Figure the lanes would be kind of dry, today as it was the first day of "MOVE Youth Bowling Academy" it's a Learning League that teaches kids (under 18) how to bowl. It all free! including bowling, awards, and USBC Membership. That isn't bad!

Well them lanes weren't dry! I haven't seen that much oil on my urethane on my league let alone open bowling.

So we started bowling and 10 minutes in the lights go out and the black lights and music comes on! Cyber Bowling starts !!! Ok this isn't too bad concentrate on your mark and get use to the distractions.

Well my sister didn't do bad started in the 80's got up to the 120's, she just wanted to make sure she didn't look silly on league and to see how her back handled it.

As for me about average after the first game warm up,missed a deuce in the 10th frame. I was using a 10lb. house ball for a 10 pin ball, I didn't want throw the plague at the corner I didn't want to risk damage before league started.

The Plague didn't do bad, had to start right and go down the outside. Had a few strikes and mostly 9 counts (4's and 9's mainly) , only a few multi pin spares. That Plague is real consistent, If I had some surface might have carried better. I don't think plugging the x-hole really changed it's reaction much if any.

2 hours bowling we did 10 games (5ea) lane rental was $14 a piece so worked out to $2.80 a game not bad, Not as good as the player pass which I got to renew mine.

The funny thing was when we got done, I looked down at my pants and you could see these glowing hand prints from the lane oil I got on them. I asked my girlfriend who was there to turn around to check for hand prints on her but she didn't go for it!

Well hoping to do better this year, after losing 50 pound this summer I felt great bowling. Five games in the bag and I felt I could five more, I didn't feel tired or sore.

Well here's hoping.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Chats: 0

Congrats on the weight loss and good luck bowling.
    Arsenal: Raw Hammer Orange/Black Hybrid 14lbs, Blue Hammer urethane 14lbs, Columbia 300 Lava Ball Plastic 14lbs, Highest scratch series 710 Bowling 38 years Never hit that 300 game. Highest game 276, had 11 strikes and one spare in the middle of that game.