Thread: Coaching Event - Primer For League Season

Chats: 256

Default Coaching Event - Primer For League Season

Going to an event this weekend that I think will be an excellent primer for the upcoming new league season.

Bob Learn Jr and Amleto Monacelli host a 6 hour session going over lane play, ball motion, coaching analysis with video and a mini tournament with the winner getting a new ball.
    High Sanctioned Scratch Game - 300(12) Hi Sanctioned Scratch Series - 822(3)
    2016/17 Book Average=221, 2017/18 Composite Average=223
    Equipment in the bag - Storm Crux Prime, Storm Physix, Roto Grip Idol, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused, Storm Sure Lock, Storm Drive, Roto Grip Winner Solid, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Fever Pitch, Roto Grip Red ball spare.

Rev Rate 400. Speed 18 at heads, 16.5-17 at pins. Axis tilt 10, Axis Rotation 55. PAP 5 5/8 x 5/8 up

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Quote Originally Posted by vdubtx View Post
    Going to an event this weekend that I think will be an excellent primer for the upcoming new league season.

Bob Learn Jr and Amleto Monacelli host a 6 hour session going over lane play, ball motion, coaching analysis with video and a mini tournament with the winner getting a new ball.
    That sounds awesome! Wouldnt mind trying that one myself.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Chats: 256

Had a good time at the coaching session yesterday.

Got to meet Amleto and Bob which was pretty cool. First part of the session was a presentation on ball motion with more emphasis on Sport Patterns, which for me was more of a review of stuff I have learned over the years reading and absorbing info from Bowling This Month, Bowlers Journal, Youtube and of course interacting with folks here.

We then went out on the lanes and they had oiled 6 lanes with short, medium and long patterns. So got to try out all of them and get coaching while doing so.

My mini coaching session with Amleto was really good I think. He had me throw a couple shots, then we reviewed video. He noted that I do drift to the right and for sport patterns that is not good. I can get away with it on house patterns, but not on Sport.

We worked on my first cross over step to the left and then continue my approach. The cross over really worked well. I usually set myself with my right foot, but switched that up and did so with my left. He also very slightly changed the ball position in my stance. He put ball a bit higher and closer to my torso than I typically would. Threw a couple great shots right after these very small tweaks.

Will see how this translates on to the lanes for the upcoming fall season.
    High Sanctioned Scratch Game - 300(12) Hi Sanctioned Scratch Series - 822(3)
    2016/17 Book Average=221, 2017/18 Composite Average=223
    Equipment in the bag - Storm Crux Prime, Storm Physix, Roto Grip Idol, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused, Storm Sure Lock, Storm Drive, Roto Grip Winner Solid, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Fever Pitch, Roto Grip Red ball spare.

Rev Rate 400. Speed 18 at heads, 16.5-17 at pins. Axis tilt 10, Axis Rotation 55. PAP 5 5/8 x 5/8 up