Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Contest August 26, 2019 to September 1, 2019 - Brunswick Jagged Edge Solid

Chats: 55

Quote Originally Posted by J Daisy View Post
    Thanks, Classy! I can't promise that (let's face it, I stink, haha) but I'll sure try. I'm thinking of getting fingertips and using this ball to learn to hook with.
    Best idea I've seen on here in a very long time!
    Proud member of bowlingboards.com bowling forums & winner of bowling ball give-away!
    High Series - 704; High Game - 290 (a long time ago) Current Average - 150

Quote Originally Posted by classygranny View Post
    Best idea I've seen on here in a very long time!
    Haha, thanks. :-) I started a thread on here to see if people thought this ball would work for what I wanted. I'd love your opinion on the subject.

Haha, thanks. :-) I started a thread on here to see if people thought this ball would work for what I wanted. I'd love your opinion on the subject.
    ummm....ball dynamics is one of my weaknesses. I'm attempting to learn and educate myself, but I still rely almost solely on my PSO.

Although, I will say this. I believe any person that truly wants to bowl and bowl well and bowl consistently well in the future, should always go with a fingertip ball. I don't see the reasoning behind developing habits throwing a conventional ball and then having to change the feel of throwing a fingertip. Starting with a fingertip may make things a bit inconsistent until the bowler gets a good habit of releasing the ball.

The Jagged Edge Solid, appears to me to be a nice ball - don't follow Brunswick much, but reading about this it should serve you well. If you find it is a bit too much ball for you to handle in the beginning you can always change the surface. A good PSO would drill this baby to work like a charm and then adjust the surface to your needs as you progress through your learning curve of throwing a fingertip.

Just my humble opinion, and guys - please don't attack me - disagree with me, but please be polite.
    Proud member of bowlingboards.com bowling forums & winner of bowling ball give-away!

ummm....ball dynamics is one of my weaknesses. I'm attempting to learn and educate myself, but I still rely almost solely on my PSO.

Although, I will say this. I believe any person that truly wants to bowl and bowl well and bowl consistently well in the future, should always go with a fingertip ball. I don't see the reasoning behind developing habits throwing a conventional ball and then having to change the feel of throwing a fingertip. Starting with a fingertip may make things a bit inconsistent until the bowler gets a good habit of releasing the ball.

The Jagged Edge Solid, appears to me to be a nice ball - don't follow Brunswick much, but reading about this it should serve you well. If you find it is a bit too much ball for you to handle in the beginning you can always change the surface. A good PSO would drill this baby to work like a charm and then adjust the surface to your needs as you progress through your learning curve of throwing a fingertip.

Just my humble opinion, and guys - please don't attack me - disagree with me, but please be polite.
    Thank you. From what I have seen and heard here and elsewhere, it looks like everybody is pretty much in agreement with you about the fingertips. My vintage plastic ball has conventional drilling, and I've never even thrown a fingertip ball before, so it will be quite a change for me, haha.

Thank you. From what I have seen and heard here and elsewhere, it looks like everybody is pretty much in agreement with you about the fingertips. My vintage plastic ball has conventional drilling, and I've never even thrown a fingertip ball before, so it will be quite a change for me, haha.
    If we never challenge ourselves, we never move forward!

If we never challenge ourselves, we never move forward!
    Amen to that. Preach it, sister!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123