Thread: I'm here at my new home

Chats: 0

Default I'm here at my new home

I've been down here for a few days now and loving it. The center is great, the people are great. I've never been happier. Everything is as I hoped and much more. I've bowled more in three days than I have for the last six months combined easy, probably more. Very happy!

High Roller

Sounds great. Keep us updated!
    Arsenal "15# Global Eternity Pi-45x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Xponent-60x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Zen Soul-60x4.5x40" "15# Roto Grip Idol Helios-90 x 2.25 x 45" "15# 900 Global Altered Reality-50x3.625x30" "15# Brunswick Uppercut-80x3.625x35" "15# Brunswick Igniter-70x5.5x35" "15# Raw Hammer Pearl 45x5.75x40" "15# Brunswick T-Zone"
    Rev Rate about 270 @ about 15.5 MPH at the pins* High Game: 290 - High Series: 733. PAP: 5 1/8"x1" up; tilt 20*, rotation 75*. YTD highs - 290-733
    Oh, and LEFTY!!!

Of course

That's wonderful! I'm glad that it seems to be working out so well for you so far! :-)

A few weeks in now.... I've learned a lot of new things here so far. This center is night and day from the last. Far more differences than similarities. I'm enjoying it so far.

The schedule is a challenge, hard to get used to. Along with the climate change and living like a bachelor. I do miss my family a ton. It's harder than I thought being away from all of them, especially my daughter.

I had to but am iPhone the first week so we could FaceTime each other. It's not the same but better than nothing. Everyday she sends me random selfies of her which is always a nice surprise.

Finding a place is more difficult than expected. It's also costs more than expected rent wise. Much less than Chicago but still more than I initially thought. Places close to work are difficult to find.

I still have a lot ahead of me to do to get all this done. Some of which I have no idea how it will happen at this point but I'll find a way somehow.

The hardest thing about it is the unknown. Finding the best place for the family when I don't know anything about this area. I talk to people but everyone seems to have different opinions. One person says "" is a good area and the next says "y'all don't wanna live there" That tends to make it harder to figure out.

Like I said, it will work out in the end. I'm hoping to be in my own apartment by the end of this week. I can't wait to cook an actual meal again. Eating out all the time sucks! All I want is a place with a recliner, a cheap patio table for the kitchen area, a small TV(optional) some pots and pans, a microwave and an air mattress to sleep on and a decent shower and I'll be good until the family gets down in our new home. Honestly if my Tahoe had a bathroom I'd be okay with that until then.

When I go back up to Chicago next week I'll be bringing some of those things down with me. I am happy down here but I do miss the family and even the old bowing center I worked at. I had a lot of fun there, good memories. Once this is all said and done I'll adapt just fine as well as my family. Until then, work and bowing keep my mind occupied for the most part

Nice, glad that TN is treating you right. Hope the new center is decent.
    I am a proud member of bowlingboards.com bowling Forums and ball contest winner
    What's in the bag: Radical Zing/Ebonite Choice Pearl/Track Tactix

Chats: 4

Quote Originally Posted by Phonetek
    Finding a place is more difficult than expected. It's also costs more than expected rent wise. Much less than Chicago but still more than I initially thought. Places close to work are difficult to find.
    You can thank the Nissan plant for that as they drove up the prices on everything
    way back when they first opened up the plant and made it harder to find a decent
    place to live that is kind of affordable.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums
    Right handed, ex-cranker now a power tweener approx. 350 - 400 RPM's PAP 4 1/2" over 1" up high league sanctioned game 300 high league sanctioned series 788
    Bill