Thread: Kids bowling ideas

Chats: 0

Default Kids bowling ideas

I need to figure out a way to bring in more youth bowlers. What tournaments to offer, how to get them interested. Any ways to get them in the door. They do bowl free but that's not enough. Ideas?

Is there a community center? Perhaps post something with them. Perhaps go to the local schools or main school office and make up some tasteful posters.

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

Quote Originally Posted by Phonetek View Post
    I need to figure out a way to bring in more youth bowlers. What tournaments to offer, how to get them interested. Any ways to get them in the door. They do bowl free but that's not enough. Ideas?
    The oft maligned USBC has a number of programs to promote youth bowling. It couldn’t hurt to check the Youth Resource Center page at Bowl.com.

What really jump started our youth program was emphasizing the scholarship opportunity from bowling youth league. It helps when you have some one who is really good at getting sponsors.
    John

Chats: 32

Phonetek I have been on the state youth board of advisors for years and am the president of the local usbc youth group. We also have a regional group called the kanawha valley youth bowlers association. the more successful you can build your Saturday leagues for youth the better off you will be. It does require your center to be open and willing to hold youth events and willing to work together with other centers. We probably have 40 to 50 kids in youth leagues every Saturday, The local association holds a youth tournament 2 a year, The state association has one 5 times a year and the Kanawha valley group has a tournament 6 times a year the league is among local kids all the other events have grown to where they are state wide now with a few coming from local states. Does your state association have a strong youth bowling program? I would suggest starting there.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Chats: 0

Look at what Randy Brown has done with the you tube channel Prodigy Bowlers Tour. This has brought in kids form all over and amplified our youth program in Roswell (North Atlanta). https://www.youtube.com/user/BrownswickBowling/videos

Quote Originally Posted by Phonetek View Post
    How about a league where at the end of the season, those in the league get a free custom bowling ball with the picture of their choice on it? I actually know of a bowling alley with a league of that kind. It seems to draw in the kids.

Chats: 55

I have no ideas for you, but I wanted to mention that there is a lot of "buzz" around here with the new SafeSport regulations. You should check into all of the ins and outs if you will be involved in the youth bowling program.

Just know that all of our "adult" leagues are putting in the rules that all members must be 18 years old - due to the requirements. Good thing...Bad thing. But it just is.
    Proud member of bowlingboards.com bowling forums & winner of bowling ball give-away!
    High Series - 704; High Game - 290 (a long time ago) Current Average - 150