Thread: Does a proshop owner have to give you your measurements?

Default Does a proshop owner have to give you your measurements?

Just curious. Whenever I get something drilled up, he doesn't remeasure me. So I don't really know my stats for my span, for example. Would I just be better off measuring myself, or do you think they'd be willing to let me see my sheet?
    I am a proud member of bowlingboards.com bowling Forums and ball contest winner
    What's in the bag: Radical Zing/Ebonite Choice Pearl/Track Tactix

Chats: 32

You should be able to ask. My proshop remeasures if I think something has changed but will drill off previous measurements if I don't ask. You may want to have them check your PAP again if it's been awhile that changes to some extent even if hand size has not.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Quote Originally Posted by MajorPhoenix View Post
    Just curious. Whenever I get something drilled up, he doesn't remeasure me. So I don't really know my stats for my span, for example. Would I just be better off measuring myself, or do you think they'd be willing to let me see my sheet?
    All you have to do is go and ask for a copy, most all will give you one. If you haven't had your specs updated in a long time, as amyers says might be a good time to have them and your pap checked.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Ringer
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 1

When discussing bowling ball replacements in a previous post, Rob made the comment to the poster that they need to find a pro shop that they trust - this would follow a similar concept in my eyes. If my pro shop operator was not willing to give me my specs I would be looking for a new pro shop operator - based around the principle that the drill pattern on the ball can simply be measured so it seems petty not to provide this. I would expect that if you ask the operator would provide.
    Currently in the arsenal: Roto Grip Hyper Cell (@2000), Hammer Gauntlet Fury (@1000 polished), Roto Grip Idol (@2000), Storm IQ Tour Emerald (@1500 polished), Storm Phaze 4 (@1500 polished), Hammer Cherry Vibe (@1500 polished), Hammer Black Widow Urethane (@1000), Jet Blackbird

Chats: 256

Some pro shop owners seem to think that your measurements are "proprietary" info. They are afraid that with measurements that one would just go somewhere else.

In my case, my PSO has actually told me this. He did work with my last year and we made some adjustments to pitches and spans etc. We worked for about 30 minutes and checking flexibility of each finger etc and then with thumb as well. This was more in depth than I have ever had someone work with me on ball fit.

I don't have an issue with him not giving me my exact measurements, I am always going to him anyway.
    High Sanctioned Scratch Game - 300(12) Hi Sanctioned Scratch Series - 822(3)
    2016/17 Book Average=221, 2017/18 Composite Average=223
    Equipment in the bag - Storm Crux Prime, Storm Physix, Roto Grip Idol, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused, Storm Sure Lock, Storm Drive, Roto Grip Winner Solid, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Fever Pitch, Roto Grip Red ball spare.

Rev Rate 400. Speed 18 at heads, 16.5-17 at pins. Axis tilt 10, Axis Rotation 55. PAP 5 5/8 x 5/8 up

Quote Originally Posted by vdubtx View Post
    Some pro shop owners seem to think that your measurements are "proprietary" info. They are afraid that with measurements that one would just go somewhere else.

In my case, my PSO has actually told me this. He did work with my last year and we made some adjustments to pitches and spans etc. We worked for about 30 minutes and checking flexibility of each finger etc and then with thumb as well. This was more in depth than I have ever had someone work with me on ball fit.

I don't have an issue with him not giving me my exact measurements, I am always going to him anyway.
    I get that. But if it comes to it, I might just measure my gear and go from there. We'll see after later today.
    I am a proud member of bowlingboards.com bowling Forums and ball contest winner
    What's in the bag: Radical Zing/Ebonite Choice Pearl/Track Tactix

Chats: 256

I get that. But if it comes to it, I might just measure my gear and go from there. We'll see after later today.
    Unless you have the tools to do so, it won't be very accurate if you do yourself.
    High Sanctioned Scratch Game - 300(12) Hi Sanctioned Scratch Series - 822(3)
    2016/17 Book Average=221, 2017/18 Composite Average=223
    Equipment in the bag - Storm Crux Prime, Storm Physix, Roto Grip Idol, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused, Storm Sure Lock, Storm Drive, Roto Grip Winner Solid, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Fever Pitch, Roto Grip Red ball spare.

Rev Rate 400. Speed 18 at heads, 16.5-17 at pins. Axis tilt 10, Axis Rotation 55. PAP 5 5/8 x 5/8 up

That's a great question. I've been wondering the same thing myself. Now I know. Thanks. :-)