Thread: 2 bag tote + 4 ball roller or two 3 ball rollers?

Default 2 bag tote + 4 ball roller or two 3 ball rollers?

Trying to get an opinion on carting my rocks around.

I currently use a 4 ball roller (2 stack), and a 2 ball tote. I was thinking about using two 3 ball rollers instead to distribute the weight evenly.

What do you all think?
    I am a proud member of bowlingboards.com bowling Forums and ball contest winner
    What's in the bag: Radical Zing/Ebonite Choice Pearl/Track Tactix

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Quote Originally Posted by MajorPhoenix View Post

I currently use a 4 ball roller (2 stack), and a 2 ball tote. I was thinking about using two 3 ball rollers instead to distribute the weight evenly.

What do you all think?
    If you already have a 4 ball roller, just get another one. Put 3 balls in each and your even plus you have room to expand. Keep the two ball tote for those imprompt to trips, going to the pso etc. also you wont have a empty 4 ball roller sitting around.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

Quote Originally Posted by MajorPhoenix View Post

What do you all think?
    Around here the serious bowlers seem to have all gone to the three ball tournament rollers plus a backpack for shoes, tape, tools, etc.

I almost never bring more than four balls, so it’s just the four ball roller for me.
    John

Ringer
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 1

Really just depends on what you are planning on doing tournament wise. If you are someone who is going to travel to tournaments, such as nationals, and need to fly to the tournament I would recommend the three ball slim rollers - either without pockets or with removable pockets. With 15lb equipment these will fall under the 50 lb. weight limit.

When I'm not bowling tournaments I do a 3 ball roller and a 2 ball tote and that has worked fine - walks are not long enough that weight distribution is a concern in my opinion.
    Currently in the arsenal: Roto Grip Hyper Cell (@2000), Hammer Gauntlet Fury (@1000 polished), Roto Grip Idol (@2000), Storm IQ Tour Emerald (@1500 polished), Storm Phaze 4 (@1500 polished), Hammer Cherry Vibe (@1500 polished), Hammer Black Widow Urethane (@1000), Jet Blackbird

Chats: 0

I always use a 4 ball roller (for everything), it gets reloaded sometimes based on how dry/wet the house is. I also have a 2 ball tote that rests on top of the 4 ball roller. I typically only use this 6 ball combo whenever I go to a tournament or maybe to my sport league when it's pattern change night.
    Recently retired and returning to bowing after a 12 year break
    Slower ball speed with dominate revs, prefer strait at the pocket but deep is fine too
    In my bag... Storm Phase 3, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Storm IQ Tour Emerald, 900 Global White Hot Badger, Motiv Venom Recoil, and Motiv Supra Enzo