Thread: Collecting Bowling-Related Items

Default Collecting Bowling-Related Items

Does anybody else on here collect bowling-related items, such as jackets, patches, pins, games, the other kind of pins, etc.?

I have been building my collection of bowling patches. I have quite an assortment at this point. My favorites are several I found from the Heidelberg Bowling Assn. in Germany. I also have several hat pins. I don't wear any of it, since it was bought and not earned, but I like looking at them and they are fun to collect.

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Quote Originally Posted by J Daisy View Post
    Does anybody else on here collect bowling-related items, such as jackets, patches, pins, games, the other kind of pins, etc.?

I have been building my collection of bowling patches. I have quite an assortment at this point. My favorites are several I found from the Heidelberg Bowling Assn. in Germany. I also have several hat pins. I don't wear any of it, since it was bought and not earned, but I like looking at them and they are fun to collect.
    I have a few things-

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Quote Originally Posted by bowl1820 View Post
    I have a few things-

A FEW THINGS?!?

That is one amazing collection, dude. Thanks for sharing. What is your favorite piece?

I still need to take pictures of my stuff and find some way to post them on here.

Some of my stuff:

I am very happy with my patch collection so far, but I hope to continue adding to it as I find more.

My bowling-related pins did not show up well in the picture. From left to right, this is what they say on them:
    Go Bowling PSWBA Lancaster 1984
    Bowling 600 Club
    WIBC 600 Award

I have a vintage youth league bowling shirt with patches on it too, handed down by my mother, and a couple other little things.
    Last edited by J Daisy; 09-04-2019 at 05:35 PM. Reason: trouble getting images to load
    "Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might."
    - Ecclesiastes 9:10 (KJV)

I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums.

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Awesome German patches! I bowled with a guy years ago who bowled at the Rhein-Main Air Base in Germany. His league shirt from there had bowling patches that were designed like military chevrons (like sgt. stripes that sort of thing.).

A FEW THINGS?!?

That is one amazing collection, dude. Thanks for sharing. What is your favorite piece?
    Thanks! Not sure which is my favorite. The bowling clock is pretty good, when you press the pin it makes the sound of of ball rolling down the alley and hitting the pins. Plus the bowlers arm swings back and forth.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Quote Originally Posted by bowl1820 View Post
    Awesome German patches! I bowled with a guy years ago who bowled at the Rhein-Main Air Base in Germany. His league shirt from there had bowling patches that were designed like military chevrons (like sgt. stripes that sort of thing.).

Thanks! Not sure which is my favorite. The bowling clock is pretty good, when you press the pin it makes the sound of of ball rolling down the alley and hitting the pins. Plus the bowlers arm swings back and forth.
    I'm glad you like the German patches. I'm partial to them myself. I also think the bicentennial patch (a gift from a friend) is pretty doggone cool. I wouldn't mind learning more about it. I'm sure each of these patches has a story to tell.

Wow, that is one groovy clock! You seem to have a lot of very cool bowling clocks, actually. :-)

I really expanded my collection since this post. I now have 62 pins, 23 patches, bowling pin beads for making jewelry, an awesome vintage bowling charm bracelet, a bowling tee shirt, bowling themed socks, a bowling pin Avon bottle, a desktop bowling game, a pair of vintage bowling shoes, and more. I'm really trying to build my pin and patch collections. Please see my ad in the "Buy, Sell, Trade" section.

Chats: 0

We have several custom bowling pins at the center just collecting dust. I know one is a hand painted Harley Davidson bowling pin that's pretty cool. Another one is just the wood inside the pin, no white cover that's kinda neat. I don't remember what the others are. I'll see if I can get some photos of all of what we have if I remember. Anyone who wants them, they can have them. They aren't doing anything more than taking up space.

When our new regular bowling pins finally get delivered I'll have nearly 600 used ones to get rid of too. I'm hoping the Police will take them for their shooting range for target practice.