Thread: Needing to tackle dry lanes

Default Needing to tackle dry lanes

So i've been looking at either a hammer vibe (orange or blue) or the brunswick rhino. Just wondering what everyone's opinions of each piece are. I'm also up for other suggestions (sans urethane, since my revs aren't really high enough for them)
    Last edited by MajorPhoenix; 09-09-2019 at 10:33 AM.
    I am a proud member of bowlingboards.com bowling Forums and ball contest winner
    What's in the bag: Radical Zing/Ebonite Choice Pearl/Track Tactix

I've had a lot of success with the Brunswick Twist. It's an entry level ball with a very high RG to help it get down the lane. I suggest looking at taking the polish off by going down to 3000 and then finishing it off with a 5000 pad.

Chats: 32

Either should do the job Rob comment of the Twist would work in this spot also. You may consider a storm Breeze or a 900 global after dark also. all of them are good choices.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Ringer
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 1

I can speak to the vibe series, I personally got a Cherry Vibe for this purpose. From what I understand on the Orange and Blue Vibes you are essentially looking at the same ball - very very small difference in which the Orange allegedly has a little more "hook" - granted when I look at the numbers they have the same cover, same core, same finish, and same RG/diff so I'm skeptical on the actual difference. I think a better comparison is that the claim is that the Cherry has the most length, the Orange/Blue is in the middle, and the Onyx has the earliest roll...but the RG/diff/finish are the same for all three and the difference is that the covers under the polish are different (I'm not going to say absolutes, but they may be closer to the same ball with different colors).

Steer clear of urethane because there is a very big difference between dry lanes (not for urethane) and short oil/low volume lanes (more applicable to urethane). From what it sounds like I would agree with the boards and go with a higher RG option such as the Twist.
    Currently in the arsenal: Roto Grip Hyper Cell (@2000), Hammer Gauntlet Fury (@1000 polished), Roto Grip Idol (@2000), Storm IQ Tour Emerald (@1500 polished), Storm Phaze 4 (@1500 polished), Hammer Cherry Vibe (@1500 polished), Hammer Black Widow Urethane (@1000), Jet Blackbird

Super Moderator

Blog Entries
    Chats: 1305

My lower volume ball is the Brunswick Twist that I hit with a used 2000 pad to break the polish.

High Roller
    Chats: 0

I have the Rhino. I'm a higher speed lower rev bowler and this ball goes pretty straight for me. I'm always afraid to use it but think last week might have been perfect for it. Currently the Rhino is at 3000 polished but I make knock it down a little. But all in all I think it's a good ball
    Arsenal "15# Global Eternity Pi-45x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Xponent-60x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Zen Soul-60x4.5x40" "15# Roto Grip Idol Helios-90 x 2.25 x 45" "15# 900 Global Altered Reality-50x3.625x30" "15# Brunswick Uppercut-80x3.625x35" "15# Brunswick Igniter-70x5.5x35" "15# Raw Hammer Pearl 45x5.75x40" "15# Brunswick T-Zone"
    Rev Rate about 270 @ about 15.5 MPH at the pins* High Game: 290 - High Series: 733. PAP: 5 1/8"x1" up; tilt 20*, rotation 75*. YTD highs - 290-733
    Oh, and LEFTY!!!