Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CTD Tru Cut Pads the P5000D!

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Quote Originally Posted by JaxBowlingGuy View Post
    I question this as being a good thing or not. If the industry standard is abralon and the manufacturers use them, why not buy exactly what they use?
    Quote Originally Posted by boatman37 View Post
    I agree with those comments but on the flip side, is an OOB 3000 actually 3000?.
    One thing (IMO) it really doesn't matter what the manufacturers use, We the bowlers can't duplicate what they do. The manufacturers use production surfacing equipment, the closest thing to that is probably a Storm Surface Factory machine or haus machine. But everyone doesn't have one of those.

The main difference between pads, paper etc. is the grit size tolerance they use to make them. US Ansi/Cami just has a little wider tolerance range than FEPA P-scale. What that means is that P-scale grit is just has a little closer on average to the number on the pad than US grit numbers are. The only other difference is the backing materials used.

So no if your sanding to a 3000 grit your not going to be exactly 3000, there's going to be a small +/- .

The thing with the trucut is they got a different backing that doesn't load up and they got a 5000 grit.

You can get 5000 grit and up paper which it would shine the ball up too. (Though I'm sure someone would say OH NO the computer scanner will show the surface is totally different. But IMO if you had 3 of the mythical exact same balls and sanded them to the same surface using paper, abralon, trucut and gave them to a bowler to roll and didn't tell them which was which they couldn't tell them apart.)

The real main thing is whatever abrasive you use, As long as your consistent with how you use it. You'll get consistent results.
    Last edited by bowl1820; 09-13-2019 at 02:41 AM.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Chats: 32

Quote Originally Posted by bowl1820 View Post
    One thing (IMO) it really doesn't matter what the manufacturers use, We the bowlers can't duplicate what they do. The manufacturers use production surfacing equipment, the closest thing to that is probably a Storm Surface Factory machine or haus machine. But everyone doesn't have one of those.

The main difference between pads, paper etc. is the grit size tolerance they use to make them. US Ansi/Cami just has a little wider tolerance range than FEPA P-scale. What that means is that P-scale grit is just has a little closer on average to the number on the pad than US grit numbers are. The only other difference is the backing materials used.

So no if your sanding to a 3000 grit your not going to be exactly 3000, there's going to be a small +/- .

The thing with the trucut is they got a different backing that doesn't load up and they got a 5000 grit.

You can get 5000 grit and up paper which it would shine the ball up too. (Though I'm sure someone would say OH NO the computer scanner will show the surface is totally different. But IMO if you had 3 of the mythical exact same balls and sanded them to the same surface using paper, abralon, trucut and gave them to a bowler to roll and didn't tell them which was which they couldn't tell them apart.)

The real main thing is whatever abrasive you use, As long as your consistent with how you use it. You'll get consistent results.
    I agree with bowl here and I'm not sure abarlon is truly a standard anyway. I know global has their neat pads they sell. Trying to recreate the original surfaced is a fools errand anyway. Your lucky if you can get close to the surface you used more less the original.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12