Thread: Belmo.......

Red face Belmo.......

Just an old man venting but Belmo being the “best” in the world just grinds my gears. I find myself rooting for him sometimes but other times I love to watch him get beat.(the last few tournaments he got knocked out of). I know he technically has the most major wins but Earl Anthony will always be my number one!!!

He's a class act!

Cranker
    Chats: 0

I met him briefly Monday and seems like a nice guy. Was really nice to my daughter when I took a picture of him with her. I think he's definitely the best bowler of his generation and definitely should be in the conversation as one of the best ever.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonNJ View Post
    I met him briefly Monday and seems like a nice guy. Was really nice to my daughter when I took a picture of him with her. I think he's definitely the best bowler of his generation and definitely should be in the conversation as one of the best ever.
    I agree, he’s the best 2 handed bowler ever! 😏

Chats: 256

Seems it's always just the "Old" guys who just can't get over the game evolving with 2 handed bowling. Belmo is a great ambassador for the sport. He is one of the nicest people as well.
    High Sanctioned Scratch Game - 300(12) Hi Sanctioned Scratch Series - 822(3)
    2016/17 Book Average=221, 2017/18 Composite Average=223
    Equipment in the bag - Storm Crux Prime, Storm Physix, Roto Grip Idol, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused, Storm Sure Lock, Storm Drive, Roto Grip Winner Solid, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Fever Pitch, Roto Grip Red ball spare.

Rev Rate 400. Speed 18 at heads, 16.5-17 at pins. Axis tilt 10, Axis Rotation 55. PAP 5 5/8 x 5/8 up

Quote Originally Posted by vdubtx View Post
    Seems it's always just the "Old" guys who just can't get over the game evolving with 2 handed bowling. Belmo is a great ambassador for the sport. He is one of the nicest people as well.
    Dude is young too. He's going to probably break most of the records held.
    I am a proud member of bowlingboards.com bowling Forums and ball contest winner
    What's in the bag: Radical Zing/Ebonite Choice Pearl/Track Tactix

Quote Originally Posted by vdubtx View Post
    I don't know if I am an "Old GUy" at 54 but the issue I have with 2 handers and no thumb guys are that their techniques are what we used during Friday night "all night bowling" drunk fests to try to get old rubber house balls and Columbia white dots to curve gutter to gutter. It wasn't serious bowling, it was just teenagers and college kids ****ing around. To me, It just looks like someone is pissed off and wailing a ball down the lane... Usually not a whole lot of gracefulness in the delivery. And I have no doubt that there will be numerous occasions that a two hander or no thumb guy will spank me soundly once I get back into leagues. I will get over it and probably have fun while it happens... Or I'll have another beer and get over it.

That said, he is well spoken and seems to be an ambassador of the sport. And having done the previously mentioned messing around, I do appreciate the fact that these guys are able to be as consistent with it as they are. It's just not for me (for now). lol
    Last edited by Just_Steve; 11-19-2019 at 10:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Just_Steve View Post
    I don't know if I am an "Old GUy" at 54 but the issue I have with 2 handers and no thumb guys are that their techniques are what we used during Friday night "all night bowling" drunk fests to try to get old rubber house balls and Columbia white dots to curve gutter to gutter. It wasn't serious bowling, it was just teenagers and college kids ****ing around. To me, It just looks like someone is pissed off and wailing a ball down the lane... Usually not a whole lot of gracefulness in the delivery. And I have no doubt that there will be numerous occasions that a two hander or no thumb guy will spank me soundly once I get back into leagues. I will get over it and probably have fun while it happens... Or I'll have another beer and get over it.

That said, he is well spoken and seems to be an ambassador of the sport. And having done the previously mentioned messing around, I do appreciate the fact that these guys are able to be as consistent with it as they are. It's just not for me (for now). lol
    As for someone that has made the switch to 2 handed I can see where your coming from. There are plenty of guys out there that are just chucking it down there with more revs then they know what to do with. However, there are others that yes still use 2 hands but still focus on accuracy and being smooth posting shots. I think 2 handers get a bad wrap because there are quite a few that just chuck it as hard and as fast as they can.

With that said I can say the same thing for one handed bowlers I see plenty of guys spraying it all over the lane with no sense of accuracy or repeatably. Learning how to become accurate and being able to repeat shots is something that doesn't happen overnight and anyone that uses this technique to score consistently it requires the same shot making that the 1 handed technique. The styles might appear different but they boil down to the same fundamentals that are apart of what make this game great.

Here's a few shots of myself, I've actually worked on getting less revs on the ball and focus on being consistent and repeating my shots. Not all 2 handers are made equal same with 1 handers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7kAYaT9_Rs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJb8lf-rQOA
    Last edited by Mikeab07; 11-26-2019 at 12:38 PM.
    2 Hander
    RPM:475-500
    Ball Speed: 17MPH
    In the bag: Hustle Ink, Idol Pearl, Phaze 2, Astro Physix