Thread: ProShops and Lanes in South West PA

Chats: 0

Default ProShops and Lanes in South West PA

I haven't rolled a ball since the early 90's and I'm getting back into it. I'm looking for recommendations on places that you trust to do the fitting and drilling..... If you have a place, do you usually buy your balls from the pro shop or buy online and take them for drilling? Having someone that you trust and knows their stuff that you can get face to face with is worth the extra cost IMHO, but the cost can't be outrageous.

Second part - Looking for places to bowl. Rate the lanes in the area? I'm in Greensburg so feel free to go North as far as Cranberry, South to Wheeling and Morgantown and as far East as Altoona. West??? I dunno Stuebenville\Akron? I listed the ones that I can think of off the top of my head. If you've been there tell me about it and if you don't want to post it publicly you can always send a message. I don't want to waste my time relearning the game only to go somewhere and realize I was spending all of my time on crap lanes.

Greensburg:
    Main Bowling Center - spent a lot of time and money here and it's the closest to me. Will be checking them out once I have a ball to roll
    Hillview - heard they let it go... Used to bowl league here in the 80's

Latrobe:
    Lincoln lanes - next to the TD Club on Rt30 I remember them being pretty nice but that was 25 years go

Ligioneer:
    Ligioneer Lanes(are they still there?)

North Versailles on Rt 30 (Great Valley lanes?)
    Norwin Bowl off Rt 30

Monroeville:
    Lokay Lanes
    Miracle Lanes

Johnstown:
    Westmont lanes
    Richland lanes

Altoona:
    Holiday Bowl
    Pleasant Valley Bowl

Pittsburgh:
    Arsenal

North Hills???
    SouthHills???
    Last edited by Just_Steve; 10-23-2019 at 11:51 PM. Reason: because my fingers just cannot spell or type anymore

High Roller

Check out Sims Lanes in Beaver Falls. A little further north than you mentioned but only about 1/4 mile off the turnpike exit. 40 lane house with leagues just about every night of the week. All synthetic. I bowl on Tuesday nights. Matt is the PSO and carries mainly Brunswick/Radical/DV8/Motiv and Hammer. I think he can order you whatever you want though. He is a part-time shop though so if you want a ball drilled it will probably take him a few days.
    Arsenal "15# Global Eternity Pi-45x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Xponent-60x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Zen Soul-60x4.5x40" "15# Roto Grip Idol Helios-90 x 2.25 x 45" "15# 900 Global Altered Reality-50x3.625x30" "15# Brunswick Uppercut-80x3.625x35" "15# Brunswick Igniter-70x5.5x35" "15# Raw Hammer Pearl 45x5.75x40" "15# Brunswick T-Zone"
    Rev Rate about 270 @ about 15.5 MPH at the pins* High Game: 290 - High Series: 733. PAP: 5 1/8"x1" up; tilt 20*, rotation 75*. YTD highs - 290-733
    Oh, and LEFTY!!!

Thanks for the tip. The part time thing and waiting is no big deal at this point, and up until this year we had to made the drive to Cranberry 3x a week for hockey practices.

I grew up in the '70's with four different alleys within 5 miles of my house (two are still in business) and my brother worked at the closest and everyone bowled in leagues. I bowled in a jr league at West Hills lanes in the early 70's. I thought is was really nice but then I was 5-10 yrs old so what did I know. It's gone a long time now, the site is a rite-aid across from the Walmart.

High Roller

You can call Sims and ask Dave (the owner) if he knows of any teams needing a bowler. You may get on full-time with a team. Dave bowls in a league almost every night so he can tell you what's what and which are mixed. I know our Tuesday night is mens but there is a ladies league there too. We bowl on 25-40 and they bowl on like 15-24 or so and the rest are open bowling. Wednesday is mixed league.

Here is a link to the standings sheets if you want to look through them > https://simslanes.com/Leagues/League...ew&pageSize=10
    Arsenal "15# Global Eternity Pi-45x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Xponent-60x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Zen Soul-60x4.5x40" "15# Roto Grip Idol Helios-90 x 2.25 x 45" "15# 900 Global Altered Reality-50x3.625x30" "15# Brunswick Uppercut-80x3.625x35" "15# Brunswick Igniter-70x5.5x35" "15# Raw Hammer Pearl 45x5.75x40" "15# Brunswick T-Zone"
    Rev Rate about 270 @ about 15.5 MPH at the pins* High Game: 290 - High Series: 733. PAP: 5 1/8"x1" up; tilt 20*, rotation 75*. YTD highs - 290-733
    Oh, and LEFTY!!!