Forge Fire
What to say about this ball… I drilled my FIRE, 70 X 4.75 X 45. This puts the pin just above the middle of my bridge. My hopes with this drilling was to utilize the Core/Cover combo to generate some length and stronger down lane motion on longer/heavier volume patterns. The OG Forge is a great for keeping angles smaller on these types of patterns and I wanted a compliment to this ball when the pattern needs to be opened up a bit or stronger over all motion is needed.
The FIRE is straight up a beast. The Core/Cover combo produces a ball that clears the fronts easily, reads the mid lane really well and allows the dry on the back end to be read really hard. This to say, is a really strong, clean ball that still allows you to stay in the puddle and not loose hitting power and sees the lane when the oil is present. What I have seen on THS is something that allows me to start way deeper than most anyone and send the FIRE right to the dry. I have had to change releases a bit to allow the ball to really pop off the back end. When I roll the ball more end over end this ball is super strong and sees the lane a bit too much for the THS. When I finally was able to see some real wax and volume WOW… This ball really shinned for me. I was able to really open the lane up and send this to the dirt with out fear of the ball not getting back.
It is my belief the FIRE is going to be in my bag for a really long time. Some of the other releases over the years that have stayed in my bag are the OG Shock, QZ2 backdraft and Thrash. This ball felt like one of those instantly, not because they of the way it rolled but because it really fits a purpose. I feel bowlers of all types will benefit from having this nugget in the bag. If your heavy handed and like to be a little strong on the speed you will be able to utilize the easy revving core. If you are a little slower ball speed and have some rev rate the cover will help you clear the fronts and not over read the mid lane. All in all this really feels like one of those balls that could win ball of the year.

Clayton Mohr
Motiv Staff