Thread: Thumb blister

Default Thumb blister

I am developing a blister on the back of my thumb just below the knuckle.
    I use trurbo switch grips. Main balls: Halo solid pin up and Astro Physics also pin up. Hammer palstic spare.
    Our league shot 42 ft-- light oil and lanes burn up quickly.
    I'm 7o years old--returning to bowling after 25 years and in about 6 months have my average back up to 187 to 195 in my 4 leagues.

Bact to the thumb. Is it probably release or gripping the ball wrong?
    I do use a piece of white grip tape in the front of thumb hole because I find the switch grips a little smoothe and slippery.
    Thanks
    Yak

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Quote Originally Posted by Ezeeduzit View Post
    I am developing a blister on the back of my thumb just below the knuckle.
    I use trurbo switch grips. Main balls: Halo solid pin up and Astro Physics also pin up. Hammer palstic spare.
    Our league shot 42 ft-- light oil and lanes burn up quickly.
    I'm 7o years old--returning to bowling after 25 years and in about 6 months have my average back up to 187 to 195 in my 4 leagues.

Bact to the thumb. Is it probably release or gripping the ball wrong?
    I do use a piece of white grip tape in the front of thumb hole because I find the switch grips a little smoothe and slippery.
    Thanks
    Yak
    Some typical possible causes are, Excessive Reverse Pitch, the span could be too Short or too long or the hole could be too big.

You say you started back recently, did you get your grip redone at that time? Because your hand changes over the years and this affects fit. If you did get refitted and it's been 6 months since then it might need the hole tweaked some. since you got switch grip it would be easy to get adjusted hole.
    Last edited by bowl1820; 11-04-2019 at 12:16 AM.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker