Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Brunswick acquiring Ebonite?

It sounds like EBI was closing up either way, Brunswick jumped in to save/purchase the IP and rights. I haven't done too much digging into it, but the official statements seem to indicate that as well.

Chats: 32

Quote Originally Posted by Aslan View Post
    Well, it is. RG's high end are slightly more expensive than Storm's high ends. Storms low end (Breezes) are slightly less costly than RGs low ends (Uproars, Wreckers, and what not).
    Not really sure that is a fair comparison especially if your looking at uproars and wreckers as they would be 2nd in strength in the line as rotogrip makes the hustle as HP1 but the hustle line is considered much more advanced than the breezes. just more different price points than being more expensive. Pro shops I've seen they run the same price for the same place in the line up.

Quote Originally Posted by Aslan View Post
    Why Columbia300 and not Ebonite? Not counting the Cyclone (best ball for the money since the Slingshot...maybe ever)...I haven't seen a popular Ebonite ball since the Code of Honor. Columbia hasn't had anything good lately...but the Smackdown/Takedown line and Antics line were stronger than anything Ebonite has put together as of late. And how can you get rid of the White Dot...the most popular ball on the market...thrown as a strike ball by old ladies and as a spare ball by everyone that doesn't see spending $100 on a plastic spare ball.
    Personally I might can them all other than Hammer myself. At best the other brands are lucky to have a popular ball in their entire lineup. I doubt they do get rid of any first in reality but hopefully they will changeup their release schedules. Going to be nuts if Brunswick is introducing 7 new lineups everytime.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123