Thread: Need Shoes?

Chats: 0

Default Need Shoes?

So I'm getting back in after 25 years. I need to get some shoes. No idea at this point if I will be doing anything more serious than leagues, but who knows. Right now, I don't think the "ransom stamp" to be allowed to wear them in competitions matters to me. Please advise if my thinking is wrong here.

I've done some research, and decided that I really don't care for the looks of a lot of what is out there. I do like the idea if replaceable heels and soles to customize the feel and maybe extend the life of the shoe, But you could say that my taste is "old school". Just to be contrary, I have considered getting Linds Rentals just for the oddball looks - LOL (yeah, I'm the guy that would get custom shoes made to look like rentals just to mess with people). But in all seriousness, I want a stiffer sole in a shoe that will last a while and dislike the "running shoe styles" and molded spongy foam soles that seem to dominate these days. The two that are high on my list right now are the 3G Tour Ultras, and Linds Classic.

if anyone has these two, are they true to size, likes\dislikes\opinions? Foot is med\narrow width (measured c\d width) and true 13.5 would be best but no one makes half sizes for those of us with Sasquatch feet...

Other suggestions are also appreciated..... I looked at the Dexter line and have not ruled them out, but nothing I saw caught my attention.

High Roller

When I made my comeback 2 years ago I bought the cheaper Dexters for about $60. When the summer league came the approaches were very tacky so I bought a pair of Storms with interchangeable soles for about $160. I tried the S10 sole but it is so slick I fell twice with it on so I stick to the S8. I really can't tell a difference between the 2 pairs but do like both. I like that I can buy replacement soles and have the option of changing them but Storm does not make an S9. I was told I can buy a different brands S9 and it will still work with some trimming. In the end I spent $160 I really didn't need to.
    Arsenal "15# Global Eternity Pi-45x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Xponent-60x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Zen Soul-60x4.5x40" "15# Roto Grip Idol Helios-90 x 2.25 x 45" "15# 900 Global Altered Reality-50x3.625x30" "15# Brunswick Uppercut-80x3.625x35" "15# Brunswick Igniter-70x5.5x35" "15# Raw Hammer Pearl 45x5.75x40" "15# Brunswick T-Zone"
    Rev Rate about 270 @ about 15.5 MPH at the pins* High Game: 290 - High Series: 733. PAP: 5 1/8"x1" up; tilt 20*, rotation 75*. YTD highs - 290-733
    Oh, and LEFTY!!!

I got Dexter 14W "The 9" about 4 months ago and am not happy. The removable soles breaks/cracks at the front edge and have to be replaced way too often for the cost. Also, slide foot heal (red leather) is way oversized and sold as a "cut to fit" deal (a real PITA to cut). The shoe uppers are great though...

I really like the notion of the changeable sole and heal. I am thinking a Brunswick shoe for my future shoes, after Christmas and once I have another issue with my current shoes.
    Recently retired and returning to bowing after a 12 year break
    Slower ball speed with dominate revs, prefer strait at the pocket but deep is fine too
    In my bag... Storm Phase 3, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Storm IQ Tour Emerald, 900 Global White Hot Badger, Motiv Venom Recoil, and Motiv Supra Enzo

Well, The 3G shoes are off the list. Did more research and they run wide from what I have read... I have narrow feet so no bueno there. Plus I've read reports of issues with the sole\footbeds cracking.... For the kind of money they want for them, just one or two of those reports are enough to drop them off the list. The search goes on, or I will pull the trigger on the Linds this week...

Does anyone know if the Linds are true to size? I thought that I read somewhere that they run about a half size big?