Bowler Stats:
Rev Rate – 425
Ball Speed – 16.5 mph (down-lane)
PAP – 3 ½ over, ¾ up
Right-handed

Test Environment:
Fresh 42’ THS

Review:
With the ongoing successes I was having with the original Forge, I was instantly excited upon notification of the Forge Fire. It was fitting that I compared the two side-by-side. With a lower RG, I knew going in that the Detonator Core tries to create an early motion which allows for a controllable shape downlane. As the Forge has been a huge weapon for me on the fresher conditions, I based my layout for the Forge Fire to be used primarily as the lanes transition. The Forge Fire was quite surprising at first with how much more motion it creates downlane. The core and cover combination is amazing together because it gives me a controlled view of the lane, and allows me to attack with a bit more aggression downlane.

Great combo with original Forge
Aggressive downlane motion

Dislikes:
None

Summary:
The Forge Fire will easily become one of my favorites, especially within the current lineup (not that any of it is bad). To simply put it, I’ve never seen a lower RG Hybrid or Pearl, perform so well. The controllability and aggressive is highly impressive. With the numerous patterns that I encounter, I will definitely have plenty of use for the Forge Fire both now and in the future. Paired with the original Forge, this 1-2 combination is going to be hard to be beat.

Darryl Carreon
MOTIV Staff / PBA Member