Thread: USBC to implement a tiered center certification program

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Default USBC to implement a tiered center certification program

When this tiered center certification program is in place (2022), centers will be inspected and assigned to a tier based on the level it meets in regard to USBC specifications. Until then lane inspections are basically on hold till then.

Basically it sounds like their going to start giving centers a grade and "IF" the centers want to raise that grade they'll have to make some kind of improvement or whatever.

Well on the face of it that don't sound that bad, depending on how it's implemented, what each tier encompasses. Like what separates say a tier "A" from a "C" (however they list the tiers) that sort of thing.

https://www.bowl.com/News/NewsDetail...id=23622333966

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Chats: 32

The way I took it was the old style of having the local association certify the lanes is gone which is just as well as that was a joke anyway. I think some of this could be a good idea but its all voluntary so at least here locally there is no competition anymore so why would they bother. maybe in bigger areas this will be effective.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone