Layout
65 x 5” x 35

The next step in the Microcell Polymer evolution has come screaming out of the gates with the new Tank Blitz. Using the building blocks from the Covert Tank, MOTIV boosted the oil absorption rate of the Frixion coverstock to create more traction in heavier volumes of oil. By wrapping this beefed-up cover, Frixion+ finished at 2000LSS, around the time-honored Gear core (2.48RG, .034Diff), a strong and continuous motion has been created that keeps amazing hitting power at angles that are far beyond what some resin balls are even capable of.

Not knowing exactly how strong the Blitz was going to be (spoiler alert, it’s ripped!), I put a 5” pin to PAP distance so that I would have some versatility in how I could attack the lanes through multiple patterns, making surface adjustments when needed to tweak the reaction. On the typical house shot I bowl on, I usually start at 15 and cross at 12 with my Forge Fire. When I first threw the Blitz, it took me five shots to finally hit the head pin on the ‘correct’ side; this ball was hooking early and often from places my Forge Fire was still skidding through! Initially I was timid about that reaction as typically with stronger equipment energy will bleed rapidly if you try to cover too many boards with your launch angle. It did not take long, however, for me to see that Microcell Polymer is a game changer in this category. The way the Blitz reads the midlane yet still retains energy on fresh and transition is something I have not seen in any piece before. When others are struggling with the first transition and are looking into switching to weaker shells, I can continue moving left and throw this ball where they cannot. This reaction and shape allows me to carve out my own line beyond what they have so that when the time comes to jump down in strength, usually a full game after everyone else has, I have set myself up to keep striking. Only when I get to angles that are typically meant for pearl covers do I start to see a labored reaction. The fact that it takes extreme angles or heavy up-front burn before I consider putting this ball away is a testament to the versatility this provides.

Don’t be fooled by anyone saying the Tank Blitz is a ‘urethane’ ball. While its reaction is controlled and ultra-reliable, its strength is far beyond many ‘reactive’ balls on the market today. When stronger resin equipment starts plaquing corner pins due to energy loss, this ball still drives through to the pit with a vengeance. I truly do believe that the Frixion coverstock technology is a leap forward in improved ball reaction for today’s game, and the Tank Blitz expands that motion into a heavier volume. Prepare to be armed and dangerous on the lanes!

Trent Overbey
In the Zone Pro Shop
MOTIV Staff
www.motivbowling.com