Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: I call bulls**t

Pin Crusher
    Chats: 0

Default I call bulls**t

Just finished watching the Bowlero Elite Series. Figured, this looks like a fun way to throw my money away. When I checked the rules, the only way you can enter as an amateur is if you currently bowl in one of their centers. You'd think a company that wants to be the "new face" of bowling would allow any amateur in, not just one that pays them money. Just my $.02.....

Anyone on here that has ties to Bowlero, you're more than welcome to chime in......
    Old guy with power (15.5-16; 325). Current arsenal--Storm Summit, RotoGrip Idol Helios, Storm Phaze III, Storm SureLock (retired), Storm IQ Tour Nano and Motiv Rebel tank (spare/dry). High sanctioned game - 300 (4). High sanctioned series - 856. A.V. 300-s - 8. Longest string - 25.
    2023/2024 YTD highs--High game-289; high series-739

High Roller

Just them trying to inflate membership numbers. Their sandbox, their rules. I don't like it and that mindset will actually drive some members away. I don't even know of any Bowlero's near Pittsburgh so that would eliminate me from any of their entry lists. Not a strategy I would use if I were trying to attract members.
    Arsenal "15# Global Eternity Pi-45x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Xponent-60x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Zen Soul-60x4.5x40" "15# Roto Grip Idol Helios-90 x 2.25 x 45" "15# 900 Global Altered Reality-50x3.625x30" "15# Brunswick Uppercut-80x3.625x35" "15# Brunswick Igniter-70x5.5x35" "15# Raw Hammer Pearl 45x5.75x40" "15# Brunswick T-Zone"
    Rev Rate about 270 @ about 15.5 MPH at the pins* High Game: 290 - High Series: 733. PAP: 5 1/8"x1" up; tilt 20*, rotation 75*. YTD highs - 290-733
    Oh, and LEFTY!!!

Pin Crusher

Quote Originally Posted by boatman37 View Post
    Just them trying to inflate membership numbers. Their sandbox, their rules. I don't like it and that mindset will actually drive some members away. I don't even know of any Bowlero's near Pittsburgh so that would eliminate me from any of their entry lists. Not a strategy I would use if I were trying to attract members.
    It's crap. Best of my knowledge, there's only one here in the Milwaukee area, and that's Bowlero, which has been called that since well before the corporate name came out. All of them used to be AMF's before that, and there's only one of them that even goes by that name here (which is a great place if you love belt marks on everything you own). Kind of hard to call this nay kind of tournament if it's only open to your selected group of patrons. Just sayin"....
    Old guy with power (15.5-16; 325). Current arsenal--Storm Summit, RotoGrip Idol Helios, Storm Phaze III, Storm SureLock (retired), Storm IQ Tour Nano and Motiv Rebel tank (spare/dry). High sanctioned game - 300 (4). High sanctioned series - 856. A.V. 300-s - 8. Longest string - 25.

PBA Tournaments are only open to their members. Just sayin'! Oh, I have an idea, let's just have no bowling to watch 'cause you don't like the format. Grow up!

High Roller

Quote Originally Posted by RobLV1 View Post
    PBA Tournaments are only open to their members. Just sayin'! Oh, I have an idea, let's just have no bowling to watch 'cause you don't like the format. Grow up!
    I didn't watch it so not familiar with the format but understand Timmy is saying it's open to amateurs but only a select few amateurs. My son used to race karts and once a year we had nationals at our home track. To enter nationals you had to be a WKA member. Not worth it for a single race each year but they did offer a temporary membership that was discounted so it would allow more participants. Maybe Bowlero could do something like that. If there are no Bowleros near you then you are automatically eliminated.

Actually just looked and there is one 52 miles from me. Turns out it is the same place I bowled a tournament at last year.

And I could be wrong but isn't PBA pros only? No amateurs? And it isn't restricted to people in specific geographic locations.

BTW-my son just flew to Milwaukee today for work. He'll be back Friday. He is staying in Fond de Luc
    Arsenal "15# Global Eternity Pi-45x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Xponent-60x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Zen Soul-60x4.5x40" "15# Roto Grip Idol Helios-90 x 2.25 x 45" "15# 900 Global Altered Reality-50x3.625x30" "15# Brunswick Uppercut-80x3.625x35" "15# Brunswick Igniter-70x5.5x35" "15# Raw Hammer Pearl 45x5.75x40" "15# Brunswick T-Zone"
    Rev Rate about 270 @ about 15.5 MPH at the pins* High Game: 290 - High Series: 733. PAP: 5 1/8"x1" up; tilt 20*, rotation 75*. YTD highs - 290-733
    Oh, and LEFTY!!!

There's a very simple alternative to bowling in a Bowlero center. If you think that you are good enough to bowl at that level, just join the PBA.

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

And I could be wrong but isn't PBA pros only? No amateurs? And it isn't restricted to people in specific geographic locations.
    Amateurs are allowed to compete in PBA events. They must have a house shot average of at least 200 or a Sport average of at least 190 with a minimum of 21 games. If they cash in two PBA events in one season they either have to join the PBA or waive any future cash winnings to compete in any more PBA events that season.
    John

Cranker

I personally don't have an issue limiting it to league people who bowl at Bowlero owned houses which should include AMF and Brunswick Zones. Bowlero is finally trying to renew interest in league bowling and shelling out a lot of money to do it

It's not a normal event. The amateurs have to send in an audition video so who knows what the selection criteria is. What I didn't like about this last event was they only select 8 and they brought back the 2 previous amateur champions when I think they should have given 2 new people a chance. If they wanted to bring back previous contestant, wait until there are 8 champions and do a champion version.

Pin Crusher

Quote Originally Posted by RobLV1 View Post
    Who pi**ed in your corn flakes? Angry much?

Apparently I found out who has ties to Bowlero......
    Last edited by Timmyb; 12-31-2019 at 04:37 PM.

Pin Crusher

This was the point I was trying to make before Rob once again flew off the handle. We have two centers in this state. Bowlero, which is 24 miles from where I live (not really conducive to league bowling if it's a 40 minute drive one way), and AMF West, which is consistently the poorest maintained house in the city. My dad left less belt marks. I get that they're trying to drum up leagues, and I'm all for that, but restricting a tournament to your hand-picked bowlers isn't representative for the sport.

Rob, the only person here that ought to grow up is you. You have a passion for smashing anyone else you disagree with into the ground. I've been watching you for a couple of years on this forum. No one will ever accuse you of being a nice person.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast