Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: I call bulls**t

Ringer
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 1

Quote Originally Posted by Timmyb View Post
    My argument to this is that this is a local tournament being offered by a local house. The Bowlero tourney is nation wide, being used to possible pull in new league bowlers, most of which would come from where? Small local houses. Bowlero wants to be the face of bowling in this country, which is why they bought the PBA. I hate to say that the rules apply differently here, but they do. We have a tough enough time keeping the smaller house open now.
    The thing is though, it is not Bowlero's job to keep the small house open. As many users have complained about Bowlero owned houses on this board (me included) and they leave plenty of opportunity for better offers. In regards to them being the face of bowling and trying to increase the significance, they did put an additional $400,000 towards PBA events in 2020. Secondly, as we all can reasonably assume this is an attempt to draw bowlers to their house - so why would they want to open it up?
    Currently in the arsenal: Roto Grip Hyper Cell (@2000), Hammer Gauntlet Fury (@1000 polished), Roto Grip Idol (@2000), Storm IQ Tour Emerald (@1500 polished), Storm Phaze 4 (@1500 polished), Hammer Cherry Vibe (@1500 polished), Hammer Black Widow Urethane (@1000), Jet Blackbird

Pin Crusher
    Chats: 0

Quote Originally Posted by ALazySavage View Post
    The thing is though, it is not Bowlero's job to keep the small house open. As many users have complained about Bowlero owned houses on this board (me included) and they leave plenty of opportunity for better offers. In regards to them being the face of bowling and trying to increase the significance, they did put an additional $400,000 towards PBA events in 2020. Secondly, as we all can reasonably assume this is an attempt to draw bowlers to their house - so why would they want to open it up?
    We don't have much to lean us towards them here. They have one big house on the northwest side of Milwaukee (Bowlero), and the other (West) may not last much longer, and then there will only be one. I'm not driving 40 minutes one way to bowl at Bowlero. Shut down all the small centers around here, and Bowlero isn't big enough to cover it. Couple that with $6.50 per line open bowling, and it sounds like a way to make a lot of disgruntled folks....
    Old guy with power (15.5-16; 325). Current arsenal--Storm Summit, RotoGrip Idol Helios, Storm Phaze III, Storm SureLock (retired), Storm IQ Tour Nano and Motiv Rebel tank (spare/dry). High sanctioned game - 300 (4). High sanctioned series - 856. A.V. 300-s - 8. Longest string - 25.
    2023/2024 YTD highs--High game-289; high series-739

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234