Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When you can't score...

Default When you can't score...

do you own it, or do you blame the bowling center?

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

Quote Originally Posted by RobLV1 View Post
    do you own it, or do you blame the bowling center?
    Well of course if I’m not striking it has to be the the center has deliberately put a pattern out that won’t let me play my favorite part of the lane

Seriously, all it takes is a quick look to see that other bowlers are scoring well and that either something is wrong with my technique or lane play.
    John

I own it. The way the house shots are you have no one really to blame but yourself.
    Current arsenal...Roto Grip Nuclear Cell, Hustle PBR, Roto Grip Gem, Idle Helios and Own It Spare. 300 rev rate, 16 mph off hand, 13.3 tilt,61 degrees rotation pap 4 9/16 over 1 1/8 up.

High Roller
    Chats: 0

I own it. Even on my worst nights there are always bowlers that bowl very well. If they can then I can, I just wasn't able to figure it out like they did. Last week was a good example. 2 of us on my team really struggled but 2 did very good and one about average. On the other team they had a couple guys that were quite a bit over their average. We had another guy roll a 300. They figured it out. If I didn't then it's on me. I have a teammate that leaves quite a few 10's with pocket hits and always blames it on the lanes. He is starting to come around now since I have been working with explaining to him why and have had others back me on my explanation. If they don't accept it then they will never fix it.
    Arsenal "15# Global Eternity Pi-45x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Xponent-60x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Zen Soul-60x4.5x40" "15# Roto Grip Idol Helios-90 x 2.25 x 45" "15# 900 Global Altered Reality-50x3.625x30" "15# Brunswick Uppercut-80x3.625x35" "15# Brunswick Igniter-70x5.5x35" "15# Raw Hammer Pearl 45x5.75x40" "15# Brunswick T-Zone"
    Rev Rate about 270 @ about 15.5 MPH at the pins* High Game: 290 - High Series: 733. PAP: 5 1/8"x1" up; tilt 20*, rotation 75*. YTD highs - 290-733
    Oh, and LEFTY!!!

I blame Aslan.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

Chats: 0

When I bowl terrible I get a little angry and then just go oh well, it is just one of those days. It is amazing how this game can turn on you and you can't figure out how to get out of the barrel. Other times you bowl league and it seems like their is a groove in the alleys that your ball keeps riding in on every shot. So I always own it because I know it is me.
    Arsenal: Raw Hammer Orange/Black Hybrid 14lbs, Blue Hammer urethane 14lbs, Columbia 300 Lava Ball Plastic 14lbs, Highest scratch series 710 Bowling 38 years Never hit that 300 game. Highest game 276, had 11 strikes and one spare in the middle of that game.

I own it. I know I have a lot to learn, and I'm pretty bad.

The only time I'll blame the center is if the equipment and machines there are obviously at fault, i.e. the ball won't return, the ball sticks in the return and gets messed up, not all the pins are removed, not all the pins get set up, or the score is inaccurate. It bugs me if that happens.

Own it. Everyone's bowling on the same conditions.

You're on a bowling enthusiast website, the people here are more involved, more passionate etc. than your typical league bowler who will blame the house for their struggles.

But if people don't own it, do you really think they would own up to not owning it? haha

It's all about entitlement, like most everything in our modern society. I bowl in a very high average senior league and routinely hear the most ridiculous accusations; "the center uses cheap oil, the center dilutes the oil to save money, the center is too cheap to hire knowledgeable lane men," etc. When they see some bowlers who are scoring well, it's just because those bowlers throw a shot that the strugglers can't throw. It's really sad!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast