Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What is the oldest ball that you use now?

Chats: 221

Preior to quiting bowling because of my amputation I would use a 1963 gold metal flake crown Jewqel as my spae ball. aso ad a Beast/C uretane i plugged and was getting ready to drill for my Wednesday league third game
    Still love the game but had to quit because of my left leg amptation
    High game 299 x 5 High sanctioned series 805 (1989)

Pin Crusher
    Chats: 0

If we're talking about parked equipment, I have an original LT-48 (approx. 43 years), and a GemStar clear red plastic ball (40 years old) that I was still using for spares up until 3 years ago.
    Old guy with power (15.5-16; 325). Current arsenal--Storm Summit, RotoGrip Idol Helios, Storm Phaze III, Storm SureLock (retired), Storm IQ Tour Nano and Motiv Rebel tank (spare/dry). High sanctioned game - 300 (4). High sanctioned series - 856. A.V. 300-s - 8. Longest string - 25.
    2023/2024 YTD highs--High game-289; high series-739

I still have my old Storm Thunder Road and a AMF Amforce2 still out in the garage. The Amforce2 was my first real ball, and to this day I'm still looking for something with the same look. There is not a lot of info on that ball unlike everything on the market today. With my knowledge of today's game looking back, that ball was a pearl asym drilled with a short pin to the VAL. Now, I realized that was a crazy ball to get into the sport with, but it really reminded me of the Fab Blue hammer I gave up years ago. I wish I had let the Amforce2 go instead of the Blue Hammer. I guess I will try a newer asym with a short pin.

Before the CV break, I started using my original pink hammer, date code 1990. It is polished and a great spare ball. Fun to throw on really dry conditions too.

Last year when I finally had to make the transition to two-handed bowling due to repeated wrist injuries, the cut in speed forced me to step back to older equipment. So for my strike ball, right now I'm using a Track Arsenal Angular (2005). It's not the oldest ball I have by far, but it's the oldest one in the bag.

But that's nothing compared to my spare ball. In order to be able to continue to shoot spares one-handed, I dropped all the way from 15 pounds to 10 pounds -- and into my late father's 1981 K-Mart-drilled Galaxie 300. It still has his initials inscribed into the ball. So every week now, I go bowling with Dad again, I guess you could say.

Jess

From 2008-2009 Roto Grip Cell Pearl

Signature is that of the "Big Nasty" Wes Malott.
    Hammer Purple Urethane. Storm Surge Hybrid, Storm Pitch Purple, Roto Grip Hyper Cell.
    2 Storm Surge Pearl 4x4x2 and a no flare, ,Roto Grip Hot Cell, Roto Grip Haywire.
    2020/2021, Hi Average 219, Hi Game 289, Hi Series 771, 30 Clean 4, 700 Series 16.
    2021/2022, Hi Average 211, Hi Game 256 Hi Series 693, 30 Clean 0, 700 Series 0.
    Proud member of Bowlingboards.com Since 2013.

Chats: 1

every once in a while I break out my Ebonite Grey Wolf. It's great when the lanes are on the drier side. I think it's 25 years old now.
    Style: Power Stroker/Tweener - 16.5 - 17.5 mph, PAP 4 1/2 x 0

In the bags:
    Retooled with 15 lb equipment.

In the Bag: Radical Ludicrous, 900Global Honey Badger Claw, 900Global Honey Badger, DV8 spareball

In the Bullpen : Radical Quick Fix, Radical Katana

The archives: Ebonite Grey Wolf (first 300), Red Wolf (first 700). Just can't let them go.

I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

Pin Crusher

6 year old Storm IQ Nano. Just used it last night. Been resurfaced so many times you can't see the logos anymore.
    Old guy with power (15.5-16; 325). Current arsenal--Storm Summit, RotoGrip Idol Helios, Storm Phaze III, Storm SureLock (retired), Storm IQ Tour Nano and Motiv Rebel tank (spare/dry). High sanctioned game - 300 (4). High sanctioned series - 856. A.V. 300-s - 8. Longest string - 25.
    2023/2024 YTD highs--High game-289; high series-739

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12