Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone watch / like Nascar?

Founder/Owner

Blog Entries
    Chats: 651

Default Anyone watch / like Nascar?

So the new season is right around the corner, does anyone here keep up with Nascar?

I have a tough time watching 500 laps.

What about you?
    Go Broncos!

Super Moderator

Chats: 246

Now there's some excitement.. Left turn, I wonder what will happen next. Oooo another left turn, what's next. Left turn... Zzzz. People only watch for the crashes. I can wait and see those on ESPN.

Chats: 3

yeah nascar really bores me to death. but then again, I got dragged to nascar short track races every weekend when I was a kid....against my will...so I'm predisposed to hate racing.

I'm looking forward to baseball season, this will be the year my Chicago Cubs make it to the playoffs and then bomb miserably, oh wait, they do that every year.

maybe this will be the year lol
    High Game-279
    High Series-733
    Righty, Tweener, I proudly use products from Storm, Etonic, and Robby Revs.

I'm a proud member of BowlingBoards.com Bowling Forums

Chats: 0

Quote Originally Posted by kev3inp View Post
    Now there's some excitement.. Left turn, I wonder what will happen next. Oooo another left turn, what's next. Left turn... Zzzz. People only watch for the crashes. I can wait and see those on ESPN.

I have always loved how everyone thought that that's what it is all about. I would dearly love those folks to go out and run the 170+ mph and "a left turn". These guys are skilled at what they do and when only a foot orless from another car keep from wrecking.

Mack Daddy
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 1

I try to keep up with NASCAR- much to my wife's chagrin. Before last year, all we had was the main TV in the living room, so she went out and bought a 26" flat screen in the den so I can watch racing & bowling in there. She doesnt like the fact that if I'm watching racing, I'm not doing something constructive.
    With the way the season ended (the chase) I became disillusioned with the chase. When you hand the points leader the pole position for half of the playoffs-what chance do the other contenders have?
    There's always one off center in the rack

Info: AVG 206, Stroker, Righty, Gladiator Pearl, Track The Rising, Hammer Rayzr, Storm Virtual Gravity, Storm Reign, PBA Platinum

Wish List-Hammer Jigsaw

I am a proud member of BowlingBoards.com Bowling Forums

I only watch Daytona, we have a big pool going this year. $100 entry, pick 3 cars from chips and if any of the cars come in the top 3 spots, it's broke down by 1500, 300 and 200. Last year, I got 2 and 3rd due to the crash at the end, both my 2 and 3 cars were in 4th and 5th, and once the green flag dropped on the final laps, they both sling shot into front. It was classic. I did leave a big tip, and they (the bowling house) provides $1.00 beers and free pizza for everyone entered.

It's a good sunday to go watch nascar and forget about bowling. They have a nice lounge with big screens and plenty of smack talk....
    Visionary Bowling Staff Representative &
    Member of BowlingBoards.com Bowling Forums

Super Moderator

Chats: 246

If you want to watch actual driving skill, watch Formula 1. If it's speed you like, there's drag racing.

Oh, and you must have missed it before, Jord, so I'll say it again, nice and early. Wait 'til next year. The Chicago cubs, more than 100 years of futility. The billy goat lives. Go you White Sox!

I grew up in the shadow of Comisky Park. I was going to Sox games before I was born. I had perfect attendance from 8th grade through high school to get free tickets.

Chats: 3

I will shed the blood of hundreds of innocent goats!

actually... sacrificing a goat then BBQ'ing it while drinking beer and watching the cubs could be a good time.
    High Game-279
    High Series-733
    Righty, Tweener, I proudly use products from Storm, Etonic, and Robby Revs.

I'm a proud member of BowlingBoards.com Bowling Forums

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

I'll watch the first 15 minutes and last 15 minutes that's when it's most interesting.I'm with Kev Formula One.If You want to see forumla One in it's glorys days watch the movie "Grand Prix"

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Super Moderator
    Chats: 12

No more Tony in the #20 Home Depot car !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ~Brian Hirsch~
    VISE Staff Member
    Bowlingboards.com You're #1 Online Bowling Forums

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast