The first two reactive resin balls I ever had were the Track 300T and then the Storm Vivid. Each of these were solid coverstocks with a dull sanded finish. After having been away for 30 years I was having fun with these rather than using my old LT-48. The very next ball was a Storm Hy-Road with it's hybrid cover and shiny 1500 grit finish. After a little while that ball began developing a track and wasn't nearly as shiny as it was when new. I started looking at cleaners and whatever I could to keep this ball close to the factory finish as I liked how it was working for me. Found the Reacta Shine product and tried it out. It was the solution to what I thought I'd like to get for a result. Reacta Shine is what Storm recommends for a cleaner and a way to keep the Hy-Road near to factory finish.
Years later I've played around with 2000, 3000 and 4000 grit Abralon and CTD pads on this ball and I prefer to keep it shined up instead; however, I have the Hy-Road X and it is better with the shine taken off of it at 3000 grit and the All-Road works quite nicely at 4000 grit right out of the box. The IQ Tour 30 for me is best kept with its shiny finish however the SonIQ works much better with the polish taken off and dulled down a bit.
Perhaps if I'd invest in a ball spinner I might be just as satisfied with the CTD pads to get to 5000 grit and somewhat shiny finish. Both the Reacta Shine and Motiv's Power Gel do the trick for the two Hy-Roads I have and the IQ Tour 30.