Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dexter Bowling Shoes

Chats: 131

recently bought my SST8 Black & Red for SGD $270 if im not wrong..

Blog Entries
    Chats: 217

I love Dexter. Currently own two pair of SST5s. Had a pair that the non-slide foot started coming apart (sole from front big toe area). Contacted Dexter through e-mail. They had me e-mail pics, verified defect and sent me new shoes. They were as fast as could be expected and never criticized that I was over using them or anything like that. Great, exceptional customer service.
    USBC SILVER CERTIFIED COACH
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Owner/Operator of Bowlerz Score Coaching
    Tweener Rev Rate of 420, Speed 19 mph
    Key Bowling Staff Member
    Key Bowling Coaching Staff

IBPSIA member
    Former Staff Bowler at www.BowlerX.com

Quote Originally Posted by billf View Post
    I love Dexter. Currently own two pair of SST5s. Had a pair that the non-slide foot started coming apart (sole from front big toe area). Contacted Dexter through e-mail. They had me e-mail pics, verified defect and sent me new shoes. They were as fast as could be expected and never criticized that I was over using them or anything like that. Great, exceptional customer service.
    sad that i don't live in US.. because they do exchanging easily, bowling ball can get easily.. difficult to get mine here expensive as well.. how much did u pay for the SST5?

Blog Entries
    Chats: 217

On sale for $129 USD
    USBC SILVER CERTIFIED COACH
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Owner/Operator of Bowlerz Score Coaching
    Tweener Rev Rate of 420, Speed 19 mph
    Key Bowling Staff Member
    Key Bowling Coaching Staff

IBPSIA member
    Former Staff Bowler at www.BowlerX.com

Banned
    Chats: 68

I can definitely recommend staying away from Dexter Pro Am II.

IMG_0021.JPG

The black portion at the tip of the sliding shoe is the same rubber material as the heel.
    If I lean a little too far forward on my slide, the whole foot comes to a screeching halt.

I'm going to call Dexter and see what can be done about the issue.

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Quote Originally Posted by Mike White View Post
    I can definitely recommend staying away from Dexter Pro Am II.

The black portion at the tip of the sliding shoe is the same rubber material as the heel.
    If I lean a little too far forward on my slide, the whole foot comes to a screeching halt.

I'm going to call Dexter and see what can be done about the issue.
    You shouldn't be leaning so far forward that you come up on the tip of your toe to get on the black part on your slide shoe! I can't even picture how a person could.

Or do mean when you go into your slide, you drag the toe on the grip shoe? which that can happen.
    Last edited by bowl1820; 07-01-2012 at 08:20 AM.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Banned

What I mean is if for some reason I happen to touch the toe of my sliding foot, it stops cold.
    I've had it happen both near the end of a slide (out of balance) and as I was putting the foot down to start sliding.

It's like having brakes on your car that can lock up intermittently with the slightest touch on the brake pedal.

It's a face plant just waiting to happen.

The sliding portion of the sole should cover all the way to the front, not stop short.

I only have 3 games in the shoes, and there won't be a 4th.

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Quote Originally Posted by Mike White View Post
    What I mean is if for some reason I happen to touch the toe of my sliding foot, it stops cold.
    I've had it happen both near the end of a slide (out of balance) and as I was putting the foot down to start sliding.

It's like having brakes on your car that can lock up intermittently with the slightest touch on the brake pedal.

It's a face plant just waiting to happen.

The sliding portion of the sole should cover all the way to the front, not stop short.

I only have 3 games in the shoes, and there won't be a 4th.
    Looking at the photo the slide sole does go all the way to the front. The black part is just were the front of the toe is curving up to the top of the shoe.
    If your hitting it that's a problem with your slide not the shoe . Your transferring too much weight to the front of the shoe (the (out of balance) part). You need to keep your body back and not lean forward so much, so your weight is evenly distributed on the shoe.

Also you only have 3 games on the shoes? , Those lower cost shoes have a break in period, They are not even broke in yet. New shoes tend to stick some at first.
    Last edited by bowl1820; 07-01-2012 at 11:29 PM.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Dexter's shoes are like that.. I myself own a SST8.. The shop person told me that I should NEVER stick it all the way up to the black part as it will cost the slide to come off while approaching. This is how dexter made it.. I never had a problem on sliding on it though.. even if it's not covered all the way.. maybe it's the way you bowl?
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums.

In the Bag:
    DV8: Hell Raiser Revenge, Diva
    Columbia300: White Dot Black Berry Polyester
    Brunswick: NeXXus f(P+R)
    Substitute Balls:
    Storm: Sure Fire
    Ebonite: Pursuit
    Retired:
    Lane 1: MaxXx Curve
    Current High Score / Series: 237 / 635
    Style: Power Tweener
    Average Score: 180

Aim for Balls:
    Misfit Pearl
    Marauder
    Brutal Nightmare

TONIGHT WE BOWL! DV8 DAMN GOOD BOWLING

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bowl1820 View Post
    Looking at the photo the slide sole does go all the way to the front. The black part is just were the front of the toe is curving up to the top of the shoe.
    If your hitting it that's a problem with your slide not the shoe . Your transferring too much weight to the front of the shoe (the (out of balance) part). You need to keep your body back and not lean forward so much, so your weight is evenly distributed on the shoe.

Also you only have 3 games on the shoes? , Those lower cost shoes have a break in period, They are not even broke in yet. New shoes tend to stick some at first.
    It looks more like the solution to keep the sliding sole from pealing off the shoe with usage, was to shorten the sliding sold and inset it into the rubber area at the front.
    This means the rubber area is closer to the approach than simply the front of the toe curling up.

As a returning bowler from a 20 year layoff, I have to expect to have the occasional (if not frequent) balance problems.

My issue is that the design of the shoe causes an extreme penalty for making such a mistake.

My purchase decision was a plastic ball, "cheap" shoes, and "cheap" bag.
    These would allow me to get my timing and balance back, then I would upgrade all of the items.
    If for whatever reason I decided that this new version of bowling just wasn't for me, it wouldn't be a significant investment to walk away from.

I had no idea the decision on the shoes would be so perilous.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast