Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dexter Bowling Shoes

Founder/Owner

Blog Entries
    Chats: 651

Post Dexter Bowling Shoes

Dexter makes great Bowling shoes. Many people are fans of the SST Lines and other casual bowling shoes. From bowling shoes with flames to bowling shoes with interchangeable soles. Dexter knows bowling shoes and if you use Dexter Bowling shoes, Let us know what you use and what you think about them.

Tell us what model or make your Dexter Bowling Shoes is and a rating of it.

Thanks BowlingBoards.com

* The Dexter Logo and all shoes logos are those of the Dexter Shoe Company. Any and all images will be removed by the request of Dexter at any time for any reason.
    Last edited by The KingPin; 08-08-2009 at 04:07 PM.
    Go Broncos!

Blog Entries
    Chats: 0

Default Dexter Ricky II

All right, you get what you pay for, I know. The Dexter Ricky II is about as plain Jane as you can get. It's all white, it's not fancy, it doesn't have interchangeable soles or any of the geegaws you tend to expect from today's bowling shoes. On the other hand, it only retails for around $30, less if you can get it on sale, and it fits my flat size 12 feet like a glove. About the only thing I have to do is add an arch support to them, the same ones I use in all my other shoes for my heel spurs.

Mechanics: The sliding sole seems pretty tacky as bowling shoes go, but if you're as heavy-footed as I am, teflon wouldn't make you slide, so if you're as deliberate on your approach as I am, these might work for you too and may even give you a bit more leverage. Obviously if you bowl on a lot of different surfaces or want to tailor your approach you'll want something more customizable. But if you're new to the sport or if you're just an occasional bowler looking to save the shoe rental fees, hey, you could do a lot worse.
    Average: 172
    High game: 286 (6/21/09)

Brian's Wish * The Jason Foundation

Words & Pictures by J. Reyome...updated 29 August 09

Tickled to be tolerated by the nice folks at BowlingBoards.com!

Chats: 13

I have several pairs of Dexter SST and I especially like the SST-6 LXs. I have wide feet so I got a pair with the wide sizing & they fit like a glove. The kangaroo leather made them comfortable from the first time I laced them up. I only have a couple of beefs. (1) they discontinued making this shoe with the kangaroo leather and (2) the toe cap on my trailing leg was not reinforced with a bumper cap so I've worn the sole way down at that spot.

I also bought a pair of the original SST-7 and I'm not nearly so fond of those shoes. They felt heavy and stiff compared to the SST-6s. Also, the toe cap bumper separated from the upper and made the shoe worthless. I also sent a couple of emails to Dexter support to report this problem, but they never bothered to respond.

I'm not so sure about the SST-8s, but if they ever re-release the SST-6 LXs, I'll certainly buy another pair of those shoes. If they don't re-release the SST-6 LX, I'm probably going to give the 3G Tour Ultras a shot when I buy my next pair of shoes for the upcoming Fall/Winter league season.

Super Moderator

Blog Entries
    Chats: 1305

i had the sst6's and loved them... untill as stated by someone else my non slide toe wore down to the leather sole of the shoe.. once that happened i went out and bought the 8's... they are very comfortable from the 1st ball thrown... my only issue was that the 8's seemed to be taller than the 6's... that took a week or 2 to get used to.. after that i was good to go... the original 6's with kangaroo leather or the new 8's..you cant go wrong..
    Brunswick Bowling Staff

Ultimate Bowling Products Staff

USBC Registered Volunteer and Level l Coach

Bowlifi

Instagram (Follow me)

Personal Facebook Bowling Page (Like it)

YouTube Channel (Subscribe to it)

Tournament Page (Like it)

Bowling Black Belt
    Currently living in Utah, but I'm originally from Long Island, NY.

I've owned Dexter Bowling shoes my whole life. I had an intro pair, then SST1's, then SST6's and now SST8's.

I loved my SST6's. I should have bought another pair. Got convinced to try the SST8's and I hate them. The toe peels up on my push off shoe and I'm constantly having to adjust it just to keep it in place. I think dexter should have done a better job with the 8's. If you drag your toe at all, these are not the shoes for you. (conveniently now on their website there is a video of T Delutz explaining not to buy them if you drag your toe, if that was the case it should be written on the box).

I contacted dexter through their website and it has been over a week. Haven't gotten a reply yet. I know I'm not the only one with this problem either. I see tons of SST8's with the toes mangled/taped and glued every which way.
    USBC Silver Certified Coach
    GSLBA Youth Committee
    The Bowling Approach - 'Improve Your Game, Frame By Frame'

Chats: 16

I agree - I've had my same SST 6's for about... 13 years now. They've been all over the country with me, and until this bowling season, were holding up great. Now finally the inside fabric where the heel sites has torn, and the foam padding on the inside is coming out. I'd say I got my money's worth...

I have heard a lot on the SST8 issue with the toe drag, and will most likely be picking up the SST5 LX in a few months. For now, a little duct tape goes a long way.

Chats: 891

i have seen lots of people with those type ofbowling shoes even my brother and they all love them but me i jsut got my first pair of bowling shoes this year and i got etonic cause my proshop was not able to get dexter but i have been useing bowling allie house shoes for 3 years and it got soo hard to bowl in those cause i would stick and then slid and stick hurting my leg abit

What is Bowling?

I know they look gross, but for those of you who have sweaty feet, these Dexter sandal bowling shoes are fantastic! I keep them in my bag for anytime that the lanes are kept at a higher temperature or when I play more than 2 games!
    Last edited by bowl1820; 02-29-2012 at 04:26 PM.

Like you guys I have also my own Dexter bowling Shoe, I wear it on during any cup or tournament I have joined. Makes me looks like pro...so cool!!!
    Last edited by bowl1820; 03-05-2012 at 09:03 AM.

Chats: 9

dexter sst8 has very good slide

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast