Thread: Sometimes an aggressive release is not right for lane conditions.......

Chats: 0

Default Sometimes an aggressive release is not right for lane conditions.......

I bowled league Monday afternoon. The first game I was kind of aggressive with my release. I was leaving pocket splits that I would pick up all but one pin. I ended up with a 148. Then I started thinking about what I was getting when I was warming up before league. I was getting strikes with no problem. Then I remembered that I was shooting the ball nice and easy with a more finessed shot. So the second game started and I was taking more of an easy shot. How about that, I was getting strikes and 9 count spares. I ended up with a 191. The last game I was lined up good and kept repeating that finessed shot. Both lanes were acting kind of the same so my adjustment was close to the same on both lanes. Now I was stringing strikes and getting 9 count spares. I bowled a 203. I messed up the 10th frame. I pulled the first shot in the 10th frame and left a 7 pin. I went after it and missed it by a hair. If I had struck out in the 10th frame I could have had like a 234 game. The speed of my ball was anywhere from 10.8 to 11.3 mph. So I am going to practice today and I will see if I can keep this finesse shot working. The ball I was using for my strike shot was my Columbia yellow dot with a 400 surface. I am a lefty.
    Last edited by Hammer; 02-13-2020 at 08:15 AM.
    Arsenal: Raw Hammer Orange/Black Hybrid 14lbs, Blue Hammer urethane 14lbs, Columbia 300 Lava Ball Plastic 14lbs, Highest scratch series 710 Bowling 38 years Never hit that 300 game. Highest game 276, had 11 strikes and one spare in the middle of that game.

Chats: 0

I did my finesse shot at practice today. This includes slower speed and revs that are between low and medium. Strike ball used was once again Columbia yellow dot with a 400 grit surface. First game was a 208 and the second game was a 203. In the second game I had a strike in the 8th and 9th frame. In the 10th frame I got three more strikes for a total of five in a row. The third and fourth games I used my Blue Hammer urethane ball with 400 grit surface also for my strike ball. I wanted to see what kind of adjustment I needed to make it work for strikes and for picking up certain spares.
    Arsenal: Raw Hammer Orange/Black Hybrid 14lbs, Blue Hammer urethane 14lbs, Columbia 300 Lava Ball Plastic 14lbs, Highest scratch series 710 Bowling 38 years Never hit that 300 game. Highest game 276, had 11 strikes and one spare in the middle of that game.