Thread: New Ball

Default New Ball

I have gotten some good advice on here so I'm coming back to try my luck. I am looking to get a new ball, meant for heavy oil. Now I bowl at different places and always go into the pro shop and ask about the balls and stuff and they always push their brand and I get it. But what I'm doing is asking all you bowlers who are not staff for a ball company to tell me what's a good ball for heavy oil. Most of my equipment is hammer, track and ebonite but have noticed Motive around a lot lately and storm. So I'm any suggestions.

What's probably most important is for you to go to the pro shops who know you and you know them. That will give them an advantage of knowing your game and what kind of conditions you're bowling on. If you're bowling in a typical house shot league, you're probably not bowling on a heavy oil condition. At least there you'll have dry boards outside of board 11 on both sides and likely 20 or so feet of dry boards on the backend. Perhaps you can share a little more about what you're trying to accomplish with a new ball. Of course, it's usually nice to get new toys to play with. Also, I've noticed that there are many mover of the Motiv balls lately, but Storm and Roto Grip are well represented as well. What kind of balls are you using now and how are they working for you? Good luck!