Thread: Shot a 203 with my Columbia plastic ball 14#

Chats: 0

Default Shot a 203 with my Columbia plastic ball 14#

At practice yesterday i told my friend that I was going to throw my ball like I do in league warm up. Usually because I am not warmed up I throw the ball nice and easy and I get strikes. Sometimes I get three in a row. Then when the game starts I can't buy a strikes because I am warmed up and my speed is faster. To make it harder I was going to use my plastic ball. I put a 1500 surface on it. I got five strikes and four nine count spares and one six count spare and one seven count spare for a 203 game. I was hardly using any effort. I did this before with my Columbia yellow dot ball throwing it like I do in practice and bowled three high games on league night. The team we bowled couldn't believe it. A guy on the other team asked me don't you ever get tired? I said not when I throw it nice and easy. My speed when I do this is anywhere between 10.8 and 11.3. With that speed and the revs I have it works great. So for me a finesse shot works better for me then doing my faster speed and hitting it harder with the fingers and a more aggressive shot.
    Last edited by Hammer; 02-27-2020 at 09:44 AM.
    Arsenal: Raw Hammer Orange/Black Hybrid 14lbs, Blue Hammer urethane 14lbs, Columbia 300 Lava Ball Plastic 14lbs, Highest scratch series 710 Bowling 38 years Never hit that 300 game. Highest game 276, had 11 strikes and one spare in the middle of that game.

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Great work!

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker