Thread: Secondary Ball

Chats: 55

Default Secondary Ball

As you might remember, I recently fought decreasing in weight and have now decided that 12 lbs is the weight of choice at this time.

I recently purchased a Storm Omega Crux. The lower weight has the same shape core as the higher weights although the RG/Diff are different. So the Omega is an asymetrical with a 2.59 RG with .029 differential and a psa of .008 with a 3000 grit pearl coverstock.

Since the RG and differential is not going to be a big factor in the lower weight, I need to know what to look for to compliment the Omega. One house I bowl in has a bit more movement than the other and in the summer, I am afraid it will be difficult to keep the Omega on the right side of the head pin.

Please don't suggest a plastic as I already have my T-Zone drilled up in 12#s.

I know at one time Rob suggested something about the coverstocks, but I can't seem to find the post.

Any ideas and recommendations are welcome - not necessarily specific balls but what to look for. Already assume it should be symetrical.

Thanks!
    Last edited by classygranny; 03-08-2020 at 10:33 AM.
    Proud member of bowlingboards.com bowling forums & winner of bowling ball give-away!
    High Series - 704; High Game - 290 (a long time ago) Current Average - 150

What makes you think that the RG and differential will be any less of a factor in a 12lb ball than any other weight?

Chats: 55

Quote Originally Posted by RobLV1 View Post
    What makes you think that the RG and differential will be any less of a factor in a 12lb ball than any other weight?
    Perhaps I misspoke/miswrote...not that they are any less of a factor, but most lower weight balls are very similar in RG and differential so it is difficult to have a more of a spread in an arsenal. So when looking at RGs, most 12lb balls are very, very similar.
    Proud member of bowlingboards.com bowling forums & winner of bowling ball give-away!
    High Series - 704; High Game - 290 (a long time ago) Current Average - 150