Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gardening Thread

Chats: 3

Quote Originally Posted by ThongPrincess View Post
    Are you saying I'm old Well I AM older than dirt according to a friend in my Sunday league
    no no no no no! I'm definitely NOT saying that!

I was going to reply saying I voted for Gore....but then I remembered the Bush/Kerry election was the first one I was able to vote in. Hard to believe the Gore/Bush election was already 9 years ago.

Back on topic: I think I might have to order something off the internet....they have got a blueberry bush that grows in a container! It grows to about 1 1/2 ft wide and 2 ft tall.....I'm thinking that might be fun to put out on our porch. The kids can pick berries in july!

I'm excited lol
    I've never seen one for a container at home depot or lowes.
    High Game-279
    High Series-733
    Righty, Tweener, I proudly use products from Storm, Etonic, and Robby Revs.

I'm a proud member of BowlingBoards.com Bowling Forums

Super Moderator

Chats: 246

I guess it all depends on whether you believe in the current state of science or if you think the earth is only around 6000 years old. Science tests and confirms or rejects hypotheses. I'm pretty sure "faith" doesn't work that way. If science is so wrong, I must have been mistaken about the hazards of second hand smoke and I'll issue an apology to Twixt and Tweener immediately. Whatever, it doesn't matter to me. It's hot here most of the time anyway.

Oh, and I've ordered from both of those seed catalogs before, and I have to prefer Burpees. Got to love a site that sounds like miniature burps.

I should get my husband to post here....he's the reason for my sarcasm/ hate of the global warming debate.

He maintains that it's just theory and that there is scientific evidence that disproves it.

he's also the reason for my sarcasm/ hate of politics lol
    High Game-279
    High Series-733

Chats: 0

I went out to look at the garden and was pleasantly surprised to find three Daffodils open. The one tulip is close to opening, a bright red-orange and it looks like several of the irises are close to opening also. Last year it was mostly green and very few flowers bloomed, so this is exciting.
    USBCBronze Coach
    UCLABruin Fan

I am a proud member of BowlingBoards.com Bowling Forums

Lefty - ball speed as measured by Qubica 15 - 16 mph
    High Game: 278 High Series: 716 High Ave: 194
    Current Highs: Ave 165 , Game 268, Series 597
    Current Equipment in use:
    Brunswick - Fury Pearl; Ebonite - GameBreaker, WhirlWind;
    Columbia - Blue Dot
    Other Equipment used sometimes:
    Brunswick - Smokin' Inferno; Ebonite - Bash, Total NV; Hammer - Black Widow; Lane#1 - Viper

My crocus' opened yesterday and it looks like my hostas are springing back to life, I'm so glad winter is on it's way out.
    High Game-279
    High Series-733

Founder/Owner

Blog Entries
    Chats: 651

Quote Originally Posted by ThongPrincess View Post
    Are you saying I'm old Well I AM older than dirt according to a friend in my Sunday league

Okay, back on topic:

Another place for seeds and plants by zone is Burpees at www.burpee.com or a visit to your local garden center. I usually look in the catalogs and then head to OSH, Home Depot, or Lowes and buy.

Great sig by the way!!!
    Go Broncos!

Chats: 0

Quote Originally Posted by The KingPin View Post
    Great sig by the way!!!
    Thank you. I was avoiding grading Math tests and decided it was time for a change. Tomorrow is soon enough for the tests to get scored
    USBCBronze Coach
    UCLABruin Fan

I am a proud member of BowlingBoards.com Bowling Forums

Lefty - ball speed as measured by Qubica 15 - 16 mph
    High Game: 278 High Series: 716 High Ave: 194
    Current Highs: Ave 165 , Game 268, Series 597
    Current Equipment in use:
    Brunswick - Fury Pearl; Ebonite - GameBreaker, WhirlWind;
    Columbia - Blue Dot
    Other Equipment used sometimes:
    Brunswick - Smokin' Inferno; Ebonite - Bash, Total NV; Hammer - Black Widow; Lane#1 - Viper

Founder/Owner

Blog Entries
    Chats: 651

I am looking at some companies with good results. I found a site I think its Daves garden and it has reviews of garden companies. So I think that may really help. There are some real horror stories out there.
    Go Broncos!

How did I miss this thread!
    I will be cutting sod and doubledigging my bed this coming week. I actually took vacation from work to get it done.
    I plan on a small plot 3ft wide 20ft long in the side yard that gets sun most of the day. I really haven't decided on what I'm going to grow yet but do plan on a small herb garden in a container as well. Our last frost date here is still about a month away anyway so I still have time to decide on what I will plant.
    When I was growing up we had a huge garden on our city lot ~ 10 raised beds. We grew alot of our food. My dad said we were "economical vegetarians" cause we couldn't afford meat! lol.
    I will update with how the project is coming along. It's gonna be a great week, doing the garden and going to bowl state tournament on the weekend.

Super Moderator

Chats: 246

Hey, Kingpin, how'd that snow affect your garden? I hope you didn't get everything in before this happened. It looked like the dead of winter on the news.

No Open Tenths, your last frost is a little later than mine was back in Chicago. We did get a foot of snow one April 22nd, as I recall. Just watch out if you plant squash or watermelon. Those plants are quite aggressive and will try to strangle the rest of the garden if they can. And plant about half the tomatoes you think you'll need. Unless you like a whole boatload of tomatoes! If you like Mexican, think about planting a salsa garden. Tomatoes, onions, garlic, peppers and cilantro. Nothing like fresh salsa. Tomatillos don't grow well up there, though.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast