Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Food Network

Chats: 0

Question The Food Network

I happen to love watching the Food Network. Does anyone else watch it? My current favorite star is Anne Burrel (sp?) Her show is Secrets of a Restaurant Chef. Does anyone else have a favorite star? My husband likes to call Sandra Lee the Semi Ho because she does the semi home made show.
    Last edited by dpmusic70; 04-17-2009 at 05:31 PM. Reason: add the show title
    I am a proud member of www.bowlingboards.com
    My degree is in music, my sport is bowling.
    The love of my life is my husband Kev3inp

I used to watch alot more than I do now. About the only show I watch now is Diners,drive-ins, and dives.
    I used to get up early to watch Malto Mario, with Mario Batali, but the newer hosts just don't do much for me.

Almost forgot, I do like the new show Chopped.

Well if you like Mario Batalli then you should check out Secret's of a restaurant chef because Anne Burrel was his sous(sp?) chef. Have you checked out "Guy's Big Bite"? His hair kind of resembles Anne Burrel's LOL.

SandBagger
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 52

Alton Brown is da man on Food Network, but I've also grown quite fond of both of Guy F's shows (Big Bite/R,D,&D - which is like AD&D but only w/food -- I'll let the geeks enjoy that).

Super Moderator

Chats: 246

Advanced Dungeons and Dragons?? I like Alton, too, but the wife finds him a bit too scientific, except on Iron Chef America. And what's up with his hair?

Psst, buddy... I know what you're doing and I think it's great! See you in 9 more posts!

Chats: 3

Sandra Lee drives me nuts..I labeled her a "lush" after she made a "caketini" for an adult drink served at a child's birthday party.

I love Paula Dean. Good, southern, down-home cooking....and her recipes are super easy.
    High Game-279
    High Series-733
    Righty, Tweener, I proudly use products from Storm, Etonic, and Robby Revs.

I'm a proud member of BowlingBoards.com Bowling Forums

SandBagger
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 52

I agree completely about Sandra Lee -- it's almost like "2 dishes and alcohol, and then a cheezy way to serve it all."

@Kev3inp: nope, not trying to pad my stats, or anything else for that matter. I'm educating myself on bowling, which means that I take in more info than I put out there. But on things non-bowling related, where it's more of an opinion post -- I can let go a bit more.

Now if I were to make it to 300 posts in 21 days, then I could be accused of "Dolly Parton" level padding.

Getting back to Sandra Lee her table scapes are so annoying to both me and Kevin. I did see that she is coming out with a new show. I used to like Rachel Ray but now I can only watch her if she's on mute.

Chats: 3

I stopped watching Rachel Ray when I let some of her slang slip in the kitchen...and my hubby made fun of me lol
    To be honest, her recipes don't wow me either...the ones that I've tried anyway :/
    High Game-279
    High Series-733
    Righty, Tweener, I proudly use products from Storm, Etonic, and Robby Revs.

I'm a proud member of BowlingBoards.com Bowling Forums

Yeah I agree with you about her recipes. I can only remeber one that I made and liked the only problem was instead of taking 30 minutes it took more like an hour. But then again she's a maniac and speed demon in the kitchen. Some of her stuff is just so weird too. She combines things that I just wouldn't eat.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast