Thread: How much space is between 3-10 split??

Chats: 0

Default How much space is between 3-10 split??

In my bowling lifestyle, I have hit many of these baby splits in my life. On my Monday night league left me completely speechless, by missing this normal and routine spare. What got me was how I missed it. I lined up like I am hitting the 10 pin and hooking into the gap (basically, standing on 35 and shooting outside 5 at the end of the pattern). I was using my True Nirvana for that game, and it's still pretty new with about 10 - 15 games on it (Drilled pin up right above my ring finger, I don't know the angles or pin distance. I trust my driller with all of that stuff). I delivered the ball and it cleared the fronts and mids with no issue. I hit just outside my mark. I would say about the 3rd board, but I guess I used too much hand on it. It came to the end of the pattern and rev up. It looked like I got both, but to my surprise my ball hooked right behind the 3 but cleared the 10. No pin movement, not even a wiggle. I have never seen that happen to anyone, ever. Just so happen, 2 frames later I left that same split. This time I took a lot of hand off this time to pick up my spare. I know, it's sad that I rolled that split twice in the same game, but has anyone missed this split like this?? I did not know you can fit a ball between the "baby split"

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

Quote Originally Posted by kingtut View Post
    In my bowling lifestyle, I have hit many of these baby splits in my life. On my Monday night league left me completely speechless, by missing this normal and routine spare. What got me was how I missed it. I lined up like I am hitting the 10 pin and hooking into the gap (basically, standing on 35 and shooting outside 5 at the end of the pattern). I was using my True Nirvana for that game, and it's still pretty new with about 10 - 15 games on it (Drilled pin up right above my ring finger, I don't know the angles or pin distance. I trust my driller with all of that stuff). I delivered the ball and it cleared the fronts and mids with no issue. I hit just outside my mark. I would say about the 3rd board, but I guess I used too much hand on it. It came to the end of the pattern and rev up. It looked like I got both, but to my surprise my ball hooked right behind the 3 but cleared the 10. No pin movement, not even a wiggle. I have never seen that happen to anyone, ever. Just so happen, 2 frames later I left that same split. This time I took a lot of hand off this time to pick up my spare. I know, it's sad that I rolled that split twice in the same game, but has anyone missed this split like this?? I did not know you can fit a ball between the "baby split"
    I have seen my friend Max take out the six and nine pins on his first ball and then try and get people to bet tat he can’t put his second shot through the hole.

While the 3 pin is directly in front of the 9 pin which is 12” center to center from the 10 pin, an actual gap of about 7 1/4”, the center to center from 3 to 10 is 24”. That’s plenty of room to hook in between if you’ve got enough hand.
    John

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Quote Originally Posted by kingtut View Post
    Yes, it surprises many people!

There's quite abit of space between the pins, Pins are apart 12" on center. So between the 3 and the 10 pins there's 19.5" of space (24"-4.5" for the pins) for the ball to fit through.

this happened next to me one night, (i did it myself also) i just happened to catch it on video.

The Baby Split (3-10) A lot of people don't think you can't put the ball in between the 3-10 pins, But as you can see here it can be done. This one happened on 3-27-2018
    Last edited by bowl1820; 03-11-2020 at 05:51 PM.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

High Roller

Far enough apart that a teammate can go right between them twice in one night....lol
    Arsenal "15# Global Eternity Pi-45x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Xponent-60x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Zen Soul-60x4.5x40" "15# Roto Grip Idol Helios-90 x 2.25 x 45" "15# 900 Global Altered Reality-50x3.625x30" "15# Brunswick Uppercut-80x3.625x35" "15# Brunswick Igniter-70x5.5x35" "15# Raw Hammer Pearl 45x5.75x40" "15# Brunswick T-Zone"
    Rev Rate about 270 @ about 15.5 MPH at the pins* High Game: 290 - High Series: 733. PAP: 5 1/8"x1" up; tilt 20*, rotation 75*. YTD highs - 290-733
    Oh, and LEFTY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by boatman37 View Post
    Far enough apart that a teammate can go right between them twice in one night....lol
    Ouch!!!