Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Dang Corona Virus

Ringer
    Chats: 0

Quote Originally Posted by boatman37 View Post
    Well I day trade in the stock market and am a member of a service ran by a guy named Rob. He lives in Chicago and just tweeted about 20 minutes ago that his son now has it. Not sure if his son lives in Chicago too or how old he is but this is getting bad. That's 3 that I know (2 that I know personally) that have got it.

And my idiot neighbor across the street had people over today and they were sitting out on their porch right next to each other. Same neighbor that has people running in and out of their house all day. We are under 'house arrest' in our county. And I know the one person didn't belong there because it's my cousins wife and they live 3 blocks up
    Might be time to call the non-emergency number for your local law enforcement and report them. A visit from the authorities might be enough to get them to play along. People like that are the ones delaying this whole thing from subsiding.

High Roller

So I was just outside talking to some neighbors. The one told me there was a 3rd person in our league that got it. He is on the same team as the first guy that just came home from the hospital. But the 3rd guy is about 80 and didn't bowl. He was the captain and handled all the paperwork, etc. Anyway, neighbor knows all 3 of them and said guy number 3 got it and passed away. I hadn't heard that so that sucks. I asked about guy #2 but he hadn't heard any updates on him.
    Arsenal "15# Global Eternity Pi-45x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Xponent-60x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Zen Soul-60x4.5x40" "15# Roto Grip Idol Helios-90 x 2.25 x 45" "15# 900 Global Altered Reality-50x3.625x30" "15# Brunswick Uppercut-80x3.625x35" "15# Brunswick Igniter-70x5.5x35" "15# Raw Hammer Pearl 45x5.75x40" "15# Brunswick T-Zone"
    Rev Rate about 270 @ about 15.5 MPH at the pins* High Game: 290 - High Series: 733. PAP: 5 1/8"x1" up; tilt 20*, rotation 75*. YTD highs - 290-733
    Oh, and LEFTY!!!

Pin Crusher

Wisconsin is under a "safer at home" order right now. Of course, if you watched the news, our Governor and the rest of the legislature can't see eye-to-eye, so people are out voting today (that's a whole other story...). We've heard nothing from our league, which has been shut down for three weeks now. We've had only one positive at work, and that person has self-quarantined before he ever stepped foot in the building. I personally know no one who's had it so far, but I'm sure that will change.

I wish I was at home, but I work for a health care manufacturer, so guess who's "essential"?
    Old guy with power (15.5-16; 325). Current arsenal--Storm Summit, RotoGrip Idol Helios, Storm Phaze III, Storm SureLock (retired), Storm IQ Tour Nano and Motiv Rebel tank (spare/dry). High sanctioned game - 300 (4). High sanctioned series - 856. A.V. 300-s - 8. Longest string - 25.
    2023/2024 YTD highs--High game-289; high series-739

Pin Crusher

Well, now our league is officially done. Had they lifted the order, we were going to go back and finish the rest of the season. However, our wonderful governor just extended our stay-at-home until May 26th! Glad I got a whole 9 games on the new ball....
    Old guy with power (15.5-16; 325). Current arsenal--Storm Summit, RotoGrip Idol Helios, Storm Phaze III, Storm SureLock (retired), Storm IQ Tour Nano and Motiv Rebel tank (spare/dry). High sanctioned game - 300 (4). High sanctioned series - 856. A.V. 300-s - 8. Longest string - 25.
    2023/2024 YTD highs--High game-289; high series-739

Ringer

We are under a stay at home order until 4/30, but I expect the governor to extend it to mid-May very soon. We are part of a seven state alliance that wants to coordinate reopening the Northeast US, so I would imagine our orders will all be aligned to within days of each other. The other states in the alliance are extending, so I am guessing we are next. Regardless of when it is lifted, it doesn't even mean we will be back to bowling. I would imagine distancing and mitigation efforts (masks, avoiding large groups, etc.) will stay in place even after the order is lifted which will make it near impossible for bowling centers to reopen right away.

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

I got a call, as did most of the other league bowlers, from one of the managers at Nutmeg. The calls were to let us know how much they appreciate us and that they will open as soon as the governor lets them.
    John

High Roller

Just got a text from our league V.P. saying they were going to wait until the 30th to make a decision and see what PA decides to do
    Arsenal "15# Global Eternity Pi-45x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Xponent-60x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Zen Soul-60x4.5x40" "15# Roto Grip Idol Helios-90 x 2.25 x 45" "15# 900 Global Altered Reality-50x3.625x30" "15# Brunswick Uppercut-80x3.625x35" "15# Brunswick Igniter-70x5.5x35" "15# Raw Hammer Pearl 45x5.75x40" "15# Brunswick T-Zone"
    Rev Rate about 270 @ about 15.5 MPH at the pins* High Game: 290 - High Series: 733. PAP: 5 1/8"x1" up; tilt 20*, rotation 75*. YTD highs - 290-733
    Oh, and LEFTY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ryster View Post
    We are under a stay at home order until 4/30, but I expect the governor to extend it to mid-May very soon. We are part of a seven state alliance that wants to coordinate reopening the Northeast US, so I would imagine our orders will all be aligned to within days of each other. The other states in the alliance are extending, so I am guessing we are next. Regardless of when it is lifted, it doesn't even mean we will be back to bowling. I would imagine distancing and mitigation efforts (masks, avoiding large groups, etc.) will stay in place even after the order is lifted which will make it near impossible for bowling centers to reopen right away.
    N.Y extended to May 15th so You will probably do the same. I am in western N.Y. which is in much better shape than downstate. Steve
    Current arsenal...Roto Grip Nuclear Cell, Hustle PBR, Roto Grip Gem, Idle Helios and Own It Spare. 300 rev rate, 16 mph off hand, 13.3 tilt,61 degrees rotation pap 4 9/16 over 1 1/8 up.

Ringer

Based on what has been coming out of the guidance for "reopening", bowling centers are going to really suffer. There is talk of Phase 1 allowing groups of no more than 10 while still following current mitigation guidelines (masks, distancing, etc.). Phase 2, which would only kick in after everyone has been tested, would allow groups of no more than 50. Phase 3, which would kick in once there is a vaccine, would then start to allow more "normal" gatherings.

Phase 1 would start after areas can show 14 consecutive days of drops in both new COVID-19 cases AND new influenza like illness cases. Not sure how the CDC has suddenly rolled influenza like illness cases into this mess, but they did.

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

Quote Originally Posted by Ryster View Post
    Based on what has been coming out of the guidance for "reopening", bowling centers are going to really suffer. There is talk of Phase 1 allowing groups of no more than 10 while still following current mitigation guidelines (masks, distancing, etc.). Phase 2, which would only kick in after everyone has been tested, would allow groups of no more than 50. Phase 3, which would kick in once there is a vaccine, would then start to allow more "normal" gatherings.

Phase 1 would start after areas can show 14 consecutive days of drops in both new COVID-19 cases AND new influenza like illness cases. Not sure how the CDC has suddenly rolled influenza like illness cases into this mess, but they did.
    If you don’t have enough testing materials, anything that looks like Covid-19, like the regular Flu, is assumed to be COVID-19.
    John

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast