Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Dang Corona Virus

High Roller
    Chats: 0

Well we got our first 2 cases in my county. Just heard about it this morning. One is about 1/2 mile from my house. Then found out this afternoon it's a guy in our league. We haven't bowled his team in awhile but a guy on his team has an auto shop. I was at that shop Saturday morning talking to the owner (teammate of the one with the virus). Had to get my wifes annual inspection done on her car as it expires next week. Wife just said somebody on Facebook posted the place that guy works at is closed now. It's one of the bigger plants around here. Not sure how many employees but I'd say at least 100. My cousin works there and I know quite a few others that work there too. I have known the guy that got the virus for a long time. I used to coach football and his son was on the team and my wife ran the cheering squad and his daughter was a cheerleader. My son went to a dance with his daughter about 15 years ago so I have known him a long time. They said he is in a hospital in Pittsburgh in ICU. There are 3 large plants here in my town. One I worked at for 10 years and left in 2005 they just said it's closed now too. There were about 90 employees there when I was there. Hope all goes well and hope my bowling mate recovers soon. From what I hear the other case in my county is a relative of his. My step-son is a detective in that town where the other person is.

EDIT: just confirmed that the 2 businesses did not close but sent some workers home to be safe
    Last edited by boatman37; 03-25-2020 at 07:06 PM.
    Arsenal "15# Global Eternity Pi-45x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Xponent-60x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Zen Soul-60x4.5x40" "15# Roto Grip Idol Helios-90 x 2.25 x 45" "15# 900 Global Altered Reality-50x3.625x30" "15# Brunswick Uppercut-80x3.625x35" "15# Brunswick Igniter-70x5.5x35" "15# Raw Hammer Pearl 45x5.75x40" "15# Brunswick T-Zone"
    Rev Rate about 270 @ about 15.5 MPH at the pins* High Game: 290 - High Series: 733. PAP: 5 1/8"x1" up; tilt 20*, rotation 75*. YTD highs - 290-733
    Oh, and LEFTY!!!

High Roller

So got a call from the V.P. of our league tonight. A 2nd guy in our league tested positive. Apparently guy 1 fell at some point and guy 2 helped him up. This was March 10th and we haven't been back since them and we were 3 pairs away from them. Been almost 2.5 weeks so think the rest of us should be good. Hope so.
    Arsenal "15# Global Eternity Pi-45x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Xponent-60x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Zen Soul-60x4.5x40" "15# Roto Grip Idol Helios-90 x 2.25 x 45" "15# 900 Global Altered Reality-50x3.625x30" "15# Brunswick Uppercut-80x3.625x35" "15# Brunswick Igniter-70x5.5x35" "15# Raw Hammer Pearl 45x5.75x40" "15# Brunswick T-Zone"
    Rev Rate about 270 @ about 15.5 MPH at the pins* High Game: 290 - High Series: 733. PAP: 5 1/8"x1" up; tilt 20*, rotation 75*. YTD highs - 290-733
    Oh, and LEFTY!!!

High Roller

Well just heard that the first guy that fell was released from the hospital today and dropped off by ambulance. He walked into his house under his own power. Ballpark he is about 55. Haven't heard any updates on the 2nd guy yet. We did have a couple of deaths in our county and I heard a 'rumor' that he was one but hoping it isn't true.
    Oh, and LEFTY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by boatman37 View Post
    Well just heard that the first guy that fell was released from the hospital today and dropped off by ambulance. He walked into his house under his own power. Ballpark he is about 55. Haven't heard any updates on the 2nd guy yet. We did have a couple of deaths in our county and I heard a 'rumor' that he was one but hoping it isn't true.
    I'll pray for him. Thank you for the update, I was wondering how he was doing.

Stay safe, dude!

Hopefully they pull through. I think before this is over that everyone is going to know someone who either got this virus or was lost because of it. Wifey's best friend is positive. She spent 3 days in the hospital because her kidneys were shutting down from it. They got that under control and sent her home. She's isolated right now in her bedroom, her hubby is not in there with her.

So far he's fine but chances are high even with her isolated that he will get it too. We've talked to her and she's having the breathing and coughing issues. She said she's not out of the woods yet and fears the worst is yet to come symptoms wise given what she was told by medical staff in the hospital. We keep in contact with her daily and she sounds worse each time we talk to her. We're hoping she pulls through this of course. Like everyone else, we have to take things day by day.

This is such a nasty nasty virus, I hope people are finally starting to take it seriously. I also worry about something that has much less press right now and very little mention. That is, since our country is in this very weakened and vulnerable state that our enemies don't take this as an opportunity to pull any punches. We'd be extremely screwed and get caught with our pants down.
    Bowling Center Manager
    Arsenal consists of mainly 15# Motiv balls, I have several now and they are the bomb! Too many to list and carry. Still have a couple Hammer balls and my AMF RPM Swirl (old reliable) & 25+yr old Linds worth a mention
    Currently 535+ Rev Rate @ 19 MPH (This probably needs to be updated, I think I've toned each down a click or two these days. I'm letting the ball do more of the work as I get older.)

High Roller

So far those are the only 2 I personally know that have it. Like I said, the one came home yesterday but there was a rumor that the other one didn't make it. I don't know him that well or know anyone that does but hope it isn't true.

As far as enemies, well most of the world is feeling the effects of this so I'm sure they are in a depleted situation too but may never divulge that information.

My neighbor 2 houses away had 5 or 6 friends over Sunday. They were hanging out on his deck drinking. And the neighbor across the street has 3 teen boys and cars are coming and going from there all day long. We only leave our house for groceries or we will just take a ride with just me and my wife but we don't stop anywhere. Heck, I cut my own hair last weekend...lol. Haven't seen my mother since this all started and my wife will get groceries for her mother but drops them n the porch then calls her to tell her they are there.

My county and surrounding counties are on lockdown. Not allowed out now except for groceries, gas, and medicine. I have been working from home for the last 4 years and my wife is a teacher but she has been working from home since this started so we are in the house about 98% of the week lately
    Oh, and LEFTY!!!

So far those are the only 2 I personally know that have it. Like I said, the one came home yesterday but there was a rumor that the other one didn't make it. I don't know him that well or know anyone that does but hope it isn't true.

As far as enemies, well most of the world is feeling the effects of this so I'm sure they are in a depleted situation too but may never divulge that information.

My neighbor 2 houses away had 5 or 6 friends over Sunday. They were hanging out on his deck drinking. And the neighbor across the street has 3 teen boys and cars are coming and going from there all day long. We only leave our house for groceries or we will just take a ride with just me and my wife but we don't stop anywhere. Heck, I cut my own hair last weekend...lol. Haven't seen my mother since this all started and my wife will get groceries for her mother but drops them n the porch then calls her to tell her they are there.

My county and surrounding counties are on lockdown. Not allowed out now except for groceries, gas, and medicine. I have been working from home for the last 4 years and my wife is a teacher but she has been working from home since this started so we are in the house about 98% of the week lately
    Yep, we are staying put. Last time out was a week ago to shop and that was only one place. Straight there and straight back. Haven't left the house since. My neighborhood is very quiet, at night you could hear a mouse fart while standing on the front porch outside. During the day we see a lot of people walking and riding bikes but it seems to be families only. The only offender I see is across the street. They are being slick about it by having their visitors park in their garage.

We still have plenty of groceries so we may skip this weeks shopping visit. I have been out in the back yard with the kids and threw some hot dogs on the grill. I took a bike ride with my daughter because she has to do cardio exercises for gym class. We only seen one person while we were out and we crossed the street so they were on the other side. So far so good everyone is healthy. Bored yes and we need to start limiting our exposure to the news and corona media. It's starting to take a mental toll constantly reading about it. By 6pm my wife and I are completely wiped out and ready for bed so for now we are tuning out.
    Bowling Center Manager
    Arsenal consists of mainly 15# Motiv balls, I have several now and they are the bomb! Too many to list and carry. Still have a couple Hammer balls and my AMF RPM Swirl (old reliable) & 25+yr old Linds worth a mention
    Currently 535+ Rev Rate @ 19 MPH (This probably needs to be updated, I think I've toned each down a click or two these days. I'm letting the ball do more of the work as I get older.)

High Roller

The local news did a story tonight on the guy that came home yesterday. He is still in quarantine so they didn't talk to him but showed pics of him and interviewed his one daughter. I forgot that she is married to another guy we bowl with but apparently he is good
    Oh, and LEFTY!!!

Ringer

I've been under "stay at home" order now for 21 days. It was originally supposed to end 3/30, then it got extended to 4/30, and I fully expect it to get extended again because cases in our county continue to increase. I have only left the house twice in 21 days. Drove to the store for essentials, got take-out, and then came straight home. Tons of hand sanitizing, avoiding other people, and general paranoia in the process.

The interesting thing is that residents are currently under stay at home orders until 4/30, however schools and non-essential businesses are closed indefinitely. So even if by some miracle we are "released" on 4/30, places like the bowling center are still going to be closed. It is starting to set in with me that this is going to stretch well in to June/July before non-essential businesses are permitted to reopen.

My bowling center has been closed since 3/16, and there has been no word from them on the plan for leagues, other than a notice that the bowling center was closed due to COVID-19 orders. I am guessing they are waiting until 4/30 to see what the governor decides and go from there.

Some people have floated the idea of just carrying all prize fund money over to next fall and adding it to next season's prize funds. I have a serious problem with that, but we will see what actually happens. That is the least of our worries right now.

High Roller

Well I day trade in the stock market and am a member of a service ran by a guy named Rob. He lives in Chicago and just tweeted about 20 minutes ago that his son now has it. Not sure if his son lives in Chicago too or how old he is but this is getting bad. That's 3 that I know (2 that I know personally) that have got it.

And my idiot neighbor across the street had people over today and they were sitting out on their porch right next to each other. Same neighbor that has people running in and out of their house all day. We are under 'house arrest' in our county. And I know the one person didn't belong there because it's my cousins wife and they live 3 blocks up
    Oh, and LEFTY!!!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast