Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Dang Corona Virus

Pin Crusher
    Chats: 0

Well we got our first 2 cases in my county. Just heard about it this morning. One is about 1/2 mile from my house. Then found out this afternoon it's a guy in our league. We haven't bowled his team in awhile but a guy on his team has an auto shop. I was at that shop Saturday morning talking to the owner (teammate of the one with the virus). Had to get my wifes annual inspection done on her car as it expires next week. Wife just said somebody on Facebook posted the place that guy works at is closed now. It's one of the bigger plants around here. Not sure how many employees but I'd say at least 100. My cousin works there and I know quite a few others that work there too. I have known the guy that got the virus for a long time. I used to coach football and his son was on the team and my wife ran the cheering squad and his daughter was a cheerleader. My son went to a dance with his daughter about 15 years ago so I have known him a long time. They said he is in a hospital in Pittsburgh in ICU. There are 3 large plants here in my town. One I worked at for 10 years and left in 2005 they just said it's closed now too. There were about 90 employees there when I was there. Hope all goes well and hope my bowling mate recovers soon. From what I hear the other case in my county is a relative of his. My step-son is a detective in that town where the other person is.

EDIT: just confirmed that the 2 businesses did not close but sent some workers home to be safe
    Last edited by boatman37; 03-25-2020 at 07:06 PM.
    Arsenal "15# Radical Squatch Pearl" "15# Radical Conspiracy" "15# Brunswick Kingpin (at home on the shelf now)" "15# Hammer Black Widow Gold" "15# Brunswick Rhino Black Pearl"
    Rev Rate about 325 @ about 17.5 MPH * High Game: 267 - High Series: 657
    Oh, and LEFTY!!!
    I am a proud member of bowlingboards.com bowling forums

Pin Crusher
    Chats: 0

So got a call from the V.P. of our league tonight. A 2nd guy in our league tested positive. Apparently guy 1 fell at some point and guy 2 helped him up. This was March 10th and we haven't been back since them and we were 3 pairs away from them. Been almost 2.5 weeks so think the rest of us should be good. Hope so.
    Arsenal "15# Radical Squatch Pearl" "15# Radical Conspiracy" "15# Brunswick Kingpin (at home on the shelf now)" "15# Hammer Black Widow Gold" "15# Brunswick Rhino Black Pearl"
    Rev Rate about 325 @ about 17.5 MPH * High Game: 267 - High Series: 657
    Oh, and LEFTY!!!
    I am a proud member of bowlingboards.com bowling forums

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234