Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Staying sharp during the quarantine?

Tyrel Rose has posted Improving Your Bowling With Off-Lane Training – Part 1 at Bowling This Month. He has a few videos explaining some of the techniques and looks like he'll be posting more. Pretty darn good! Hope this helps...

I'm going to be doing some one-step drills in the basement with an old ball and some pillows. Focusing on release work, easy to video and stuff too. Other than that... just a waiting game.

Years ago I read about a study that was done using three groups of people attempting free throws in basketball. After the first trial, one group was allowed to practice every day, the second group was instructed not to practice, but to visualize themselves making free throws, and the third group was just told not to practice at all. After a period of time, the group that practiced every day improved significantly, the group that practiced visualization daily, improved at nearly the same rate as the practice group, and the third group did not improve at all. Give you any ideas for your bowling?

High Roller
    Chats: 0

Well when we do go back if the owner and PSO are kicking everyones butts we will know who has keys to the center...lol. Well the PSO kicks everyones butts every week. He is high average in our league at 234
    Arsenal "15# Global Eternity Pi-45x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Xponent-60x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Zen Soul-60x4.5x40" "15# Roto Grip Idol Helios-90 x 2.25 x 45" "15# 900 Global Altered Reality-50x3.625x30" "15# Brunswick Uppercut-80x3.625x35" "15# Brunswick Igniter-70x5.5x35" "15# Raw Hammer Pearl 45x5.75x40" "15# Brunswick T-Zone"
    Rev Rate about 270 @ about 15.5 MPH at the pins* High Game: 290 - High Series: 733. PAP: 5 1/8"x1" up; tilt 20*, rotation 75*. YTD highs - 290-733
    Oh, and LEFTY!!!

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

Quote Originally Posted by RobLV1 View Post
    Years ago I read about a study that was done using three groups of people attempting free throws in basketball. After the first trial, one group was allowed to practice every day, the second group was instructed not to practice, but to visualize themselves making free throws, and the third group was just told not to practice at all. After a period of time, the group that practiced every day improved significantly, the group that practiced visualization daily, improved at nearly the same rate as the practice group, and the third group did not improve at all. Give you any ideas for your bowling?
    What a coincidence. Before our local bowling alley shut down for the duration of this crisis, my friend Tim and I were trying to prepare two U15 teams for the USA Bowling New England Regional tournament. Since then we have been sending at least one e-mail to the kid’s families each week trying to give them ideas for keeping in shape for bowling and things they could practice at home. Today’s e-mail cited the same study, and suggested that they visualize making corner pin spares at least for the first part of the practice before they switch to throwing imaginary perfect games.
    John

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12