Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Staying sharp during the quarantine?

Cranker
    Chats: 0

Default Staying sharp during the quarantine?

I live in central Jersey and the way things are going it'll be at least a month if not 2 or 3 before I'll be able to get back on the lanes? So anyone have some tips to try and stay sharp while not being able to bowl?

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

I have an Eilleen’s Bowling Buddy Power Trainer that I’m using to try and keep my swing in good shape. Other than that I’m just doing my normal exercises to maintain core strength, flexibility, and fitness.
    John

Bowling This Month has had numerous articles on physical conditioning as I recall. Joe Slowinski has posted his pushaway drill that can be done at home. I've found that by just practicing my swing at home has helped. My normal approach is a five step one. I've added the four step and three step approach at home which has allowed me to take it to the lanes successfully. It's helped me to get better consistency in keeping my hand behind the ball and by closing my eyes to get a better feel for where my hand is throughout the swing. I'll continue to do this during any break we may have from the lanes... Hope this helps...

I went out last Sunday night with my Rhino, averaged 175 for 5 games. The usual place I go to has new temporary hours for the time being, and is also limiting the number of bowlers, so not all bad considering.

Bowling Guru

Quote Originally Posted by pmack18 View Post
    I went out last Sunday night with my Rhino, averaged 175 for 5 games. The usual place I go to has new temporary hours for the time being, and is also limiting the number of bowlers, so not all bad considering.
    You’re lucky. Where I bowl shut down 4 days before the governor ordered all bowling alleys to close. My guess is that the owner didn’t think it was worth while to be open without the bar being open because he closed at the same time bars and restaurants were ordered to close.
    John

Jason, Here's a video for you during these tough times: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoM9K4-cFqI

Cranker

Quote Originally Posted by djp1080 View Post
    Jason, Here's a video for you during these tough times: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoM9K4-cFqI

Cool but I think I rather sit on my couch eating Oreos. =P

Bowling Guru

Quote Originally Posted by JasonNJ View Post
    I’m pretty sure you can sit on your couch eating Oreos while watching the video
    John

Cranker

Quote Originally Posted by J Anderson View Post
    I’m pretty sure you can sit on your couch eating Oreos while watching the video

Lol, very true.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonNJ View Post
    I prefer to sit in my easy chair and eat Cheetos along with a nice cool beer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast