Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Had our League payout.

Chats: 55

Just finished distributing the funds for our Monday league. Not an easy task to say the least. First had to adjust the prize fund to the % of the weeks bowled. Had to calculate how much was paid ahead, as we had prepaid the last two weeks and some members had finished paying, some had paid for the month, some owed for a week since they didn't bowl our last week. Then I had to make sure I had current addresses to mail checks to; or find out if the bowlers wanted to meetup to get cash. Then figure out how much cash to withdraw after depositing the Bowlero check (after getting the Pres to sign). Then had to write out the checks and put cash in envelopes. A few requested PayPal - that was easy. Made sure everyone got their paperwork.

I like the work of being the Secretary/Treasurer, but this time around it was a lot more work than normal! Be sure and let your officers know you appreciate the job they do! I have great Presidents that have been a big help in getting my two leagues closed out.

This was the little one....tomorrow I tackle the larger one, in anticipation of receiving the funds this week.
    Proud member of bowlingboards.com bowling forums & winner of bowling ball give-away!
    High Series - 704; High Game - 290 (a long time ago) Current Average - 150

Chats: 0

Finally heard from the alley on Friday. They are going to send me the money and I am going to send checks out from my checking account. Mailing the recap sheets and financial statements with winners recaps this week. Called everyone in the middle of March and advised them we were ending the league but I wasn't sure when we couild get them their money. I sure hope everyone stays well and can come back in the fall - if we can bowl again.

Ringer

Have the bowling centers been pretty receptive to ending the leagues? The USBC sent guidance that the decision to end leagues should be a joint discussion between the leagues and the bowling centers. A couple of the bowling centers here have made it pretty clear that they want to have earnest discussions with leagues prior to final decisions being made to end seasons. So far, no leagues have been canceled in this immediate area despite bowling centers being closed since March 16th. The centers are waiting until the end of the month at the earliest to make any further decisions on the matter. There is some optimistic thinking that the centers will be allowed to reopen by the end of the month. Personally, I do not think our stay at home order will end on 4/30 as cases continue to rise in this area. Plus, with non-essential businesses closed indefinitely, the governor isn't going to suddenly loosen up the restrictions.

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Quote Originally Posted by taxexpert2 View Post
    Finally heard from the alley on Friday. They are going to send me the money and I am going to send checks out from my checking account.
    From your personal checking account? Doesn't the league have it's own checking account? I wouldn't feel comfortable sending my personal checks out (Possible ID theft issues etc.).

If your bank offers you free money orders or cashier checks because you have a account, I would get those.

If not depending on how many checks I might would check the cost of getting them (as Part of the sec. fee)

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Quote Originally Posted by bowl1820 View Post
    From your personal checking account? Doesn't the league have it's own checking account? I wouldn't feel comfortable sending my personal checks out (Possible ID theft issues etc.).

If your bank offers you free money orders or cashier checks because you have a account, I would get those.

If not depending on how many checks I might would check the cost of getting them (as Part of the sec. fee)
    I am the captain on one of my teams and I offered to send the money via CashApp or Venmo. If that's an option, I would use one of these instead.

Default Paying out League Money

Quote Originally Posted by bowl1820 View Post

I am actually depositing funds in to a little used checking account that I have and sending checks from there. Yes, the league has an account, but I do not have access to it as it is held by the bowling alley. Actually getting money today - April 20. Since it is a larger amount it will take a few days for the check to clear.

Last week I sent out recap sheets and prize money calculations. If any of them come back I will know I have a bad address for the checks.

Still looking forward to being able to bowl again. Here in Ohio we have been successful in keeping cases down, but without testing it is hard to tell when bowling alleys will open again.

Ringer

Still radio silent from our bowling center since March 16th about the status of leagues. Our State has made it perfectly clear that our county will be among the last to reopen, and even then bowling centers will not be reopening right away. No "entertainment" businesses will be allowed to reopen until the final phase of our reopening plan. That means we are probably looking at July before bowling centers can even think about opening up. The State has also warned that if cases start to increase after reopening, we should be prepared to immediately return to "stay-at-home" orders with little to no notice. I think at this point our bowling center should start league payouts and just be done with it. There were still upwards of 5 weeks left on some leagues when the shutdown happened. With social distancing and ongoing mitigation efforts that will be required at reopening, it is going to be very difficult for all leagues to simply restart and finish everything out unless the bowling center is going to try and get creative with league schedules and make-up sessions. Plus, with the threat of a return to stay-at-home hovering after reopening, what is the point of even trying to start a new league season (summer or winter) right away?

High Roller

Quote Originally Posted by Ryster View Post
    Still radio silent from our bowling center since March 16th about the status of leagues. Our State has made it perfectly clear that our county will be among the last to reopen, and even then bowling centers will not be reopening right away. No "entertainment" businesses will be allowed to reopen until the final phase of our reopening plan. That means we are probably looking at July before bowling centers can even think about opening up. The State has also warned that if cases start to increase after reopening, we should be prepared to immediately return to "stay-at-home" orders with little to no notice. I think at this point our bowling center should start league payouts and just be done with it. There were still upwards of 5 weeks left on some leagues when the shutdown happened. With social distancing and ongoing mitigation efforts that will be required at reopening, it is going to be very difficult for all leagues to simply restart and finish everything out unless the bowling center is going to try and get creative with league schedules and make-up sessions. Plus, with the threat of a return to stay-at-home hovering after reopening, what is the point of even trying to start a new league season (summer or winter) right away?
    yeah our center has leagues almost every night and most nights all 40 lanes are booked. On our night we have 16 teams then the womens league has another 6 teams so that is 22 lanes. We could probably skip a few lanes here and there but still tight quarters
    Arsenal "15# Global Eternity Pi-45x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Xponent-60x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Zen Soul-60x4.5x40" "15# Roto Grip Idol Helios-90 x 2.25 x 45" "15# 900 Global Altered Reality-50x3.625x30" "15# Brunswick Uppercut-80x3.625x35" "15# Brunswick Igniter-70x5.5x35" "15# Raw Hammer Pearl 45x5.75x40" "15# Brunswick T-Zone"
    Rev Rate about 270 @ about 15.5 MPH at the pins* High Game: 290 - High Series: 733. PAP: 5 1/8"x1" up; tilt 20*, rotation 75*. YTD highs - 290-733
    Oh, and LEFTY!!!

Ringer

Quote Originally Posted by boatman37 View Post
    yeah our center has leagues almost every night and most nights all 40 lanes are booked. On our night we have 16 teams then the womens league has another 6 teams so that is 22 lanes. We could probably skip a few lanes here and there but still tight quarters
    I agree. We have 48 lanes in the bowling center here, and there are a few nights where the whole center is filled with league bowlers. There are some nights where there are 250-300 people in the center at any given time. Theoretically they could remove the furniture and make people stand 6ft apart all night, or put out folding chairs that are 6ft apart for people to sit in, but having the staff try to "police" that all night and make sure the bowlers distance will be tough. Plus, there are people that go there more to eat and drink than bowl and trying to tell them they cannot do that while bowling would get very interesting.

It has been hard enough in the past just dealing with people that refuse to wash their hands ("If I wash my hands and don't dry them good enough I may stick in the ball!".) Now that is more important than ever and I guarantee the same hygienically challenged people haven't changed their ways.

There are also a couple of afternoon leagues where there are 75-100 seniors bowling at any given time. They need to be especially considerate of that issue.

High Roller

Considering our league was kind of the start of this thing in our area with one of our league members dying from Covid-19 and 2 others in ICU from it I think they will take these 'recommendations' pretty seriously. As far as I know those 3 guys were the first 3 in our county to get it, at least that was known and reported.
    Arsenal "15# Global Eternity Pi-45x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Xponent-60x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Zen Soul-60x4.5x40" "15# Roto Grip Idol Helios-90 x 2.25 x 45" "15# 900 Global Altered Reality-50x3.625x30" "15# Brunswick Uppercut-80x3.625x35" "15# Brunswick Igniter-70x5.5x35" "15# Raw Hammer Pearl 45x5.75x40" "15# Brunswick T-Zone"
    Rev Rate about 270 @ about 15.5 MPH at the pins* High Game: 290 - High Series: 733. PAP: 5 1/8"x1" up; tilt 20*, rotation 75*. YTD highs - 290-733
    Oh, and LEFTY!!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast