Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Had our League payout.

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Default Had our League payout.

We had vote a little while back by phone and email etc. to end the league. They finally got it sorted out and we had our league payout tonight.

It was team captains only and was done as a drive through for everyone's safety and following the guidelines of no gatherings of ten or more people. The team representative/team captain would pull up to the front of the building and stay in their car. They come to you with the team's payout and you just have to sign for it.

Didn't get a lot of prize money, but we did get back league fees we payed in advance also.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Ringer
    Chats: 0

Our bowling center has been closed since 3/16, but has not yet decided what to do. They are "waiting for more information" and will then make a decision at some point. We are under shelter in place until 4/30, so at least 3 more weeks are going to pass for us here before anything happens. Not sure what additional information they are waiting for at this point.

The approach your league took sounds very reasonable. Hopefully if our center does something similar, it will be as organized as yours!

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

The league I bowl in on Mondays is run by the owner of the pro shop. Unless 80% or more of the bowlers call him up an demand that he cancel the remainder of the season, I think he will just wait until the center is allowed to reopen and see if we can get a few more weeks in.
    My Thursday league is definitely waiting to hear from the bowling alley to figure things out. To further complicate things, it’s one of the few leagues left that has an end of season awards dinner. It’s a small league with only 10 three person teams, but if everyone wants to attend and most of them bring a spouse or a date we may run into a restriction on gatherings of large groups when the restaurants reopen for any thing other than take-out and delivery.
    John

Quote Originally Posted by J Anderson View Post
    The league I bowl in on Mondays is run by the owner of the pro shop. Unless 80% or more of the bowlers call him up an demand that he cancel the remainder of the season, I think he will just wait until the center is allowed to reopen and see if we can get a few more weeks in.
    My Thursday league is definitely waiting to hear from the bowling alley to figure things out. To further complicate things, it’s one of the few leagues left that has an end of season awards dinner. It’s a small league with only 10 three person teams, but if everyone wants to attend and most of them bring a spouse or a date we may run into a restriction on gatherings of large groups when the restaurants reopen for any thing other than take-out and delivery.
    Get a vote online soon to convert the awards dinner money into money for points won or jut evenly distributed among teams. Most of the people could probably use a few extra bucks anyway right now so i imagine it wouldn’t be hard to get majority vote

High Roller

I'm fine with whatever they decide as long as its fair. I don't bowl for the money so as long as it's a fair split I'm good with it. Our summer league is also on Tuesday nights so no way we would be able to finish our league out and I doubt summer league will happen. Our league would be over either the last Tuesday in April or the first Tuesday in May and PA is on house arrest until April 30th so not likely we will bowl again this year anyway. And I had already planned on sitting out the summer league.
    Arsenal "15# Global Eternity Pi-45x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Xponent-60x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Zen Soul-60x4.5x40" "15# Roto Grip Idol Helios-90 x 2.25 x 45" "15# 900 Global Altered Reality-50x3.625x30" "15# Brunswick Uppercut-80x3.625x35" "15# Brunswick Igniter-70x5.5x35" "15# Raw Hammer Pearl 45x5.75x40" "15# Brunswick T-Zone"
    Rev Rate about 270 @ about 15.5 MPH at the pins* High Game: 290 - High Series: 733. PAP: 5 1/8"x1" up; tilt 20*, rotation 75*. YTD highs - 290-733
    Oh, and LEFTY!!!

Both my leagues are all settled. Will get everything in the mail. Probably best way to do it with least of amount of contact. Steve
    Current arsenal...Roto Grip Nuclear Cell, Hustle PBR, Roto Grip Gem, Idle Helios and Own It Spare. 300 rev rate, 16 mph off hand, 13.3 tilt,61 degrees rotation pap 4 9/16 over 1 1/8 up.

Ringer

Quote Originally Posted by boatman37 View Post
    I'm fine with whatever they decide as long as its fair. I don't bowl for the money so as long as it's a fair split I'm good with it. Our summer league is also on Tuesday nights so no way we would be able to finish our league out and I doubt summer league will happen. Our league would be over either the last Tuesday in April or the first Tuesday in May and PA is on house arrest until April 30th so not likely we will bowl again this year anyway. And I had already planned on sitting out the summer league.
    I am in PA as well, and the 4/30 stay at home order is for the residents. Gov. Wolf buried in the announcement that all non-essential businesses are closed indefinitely. So even if our stay at home order gets lifted on 4/30, non-essential businesses are still going to be closed until the governor gives them the go-ahead. A couple of the local bowling centers here are waiting anxiously for that 4/30 date to reopen, and I keep thinking to myself "yeah, good luck with that." I also expect our house arrest will be extended well into May, if not closer to June. If by some miracle non-essential businesses are permitted to reopen in June or July, I could totally see my bowling center doing a 8-10 week short season summer league just to start generating revenue. I would have no issue getting on board with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryster View Post
    I am in PA as well, and the 4/30 stay at home order is for the residents. Gov. Wolf buried in the announcement that all non-essential businesses are closed indefinitely. So even if our stay at home order gets lifted on 4/30, non-essential businesses are still going to be closed until the governor gives them the go-ahead. A couple of the local bowling centers here are waiting anxiously for that 4/30 date to reopen, and I keep thinking to myself "yeah, good luck with that." I also expect our house arrest will be extended well into May, if not closer to June. If by some miracle non-essential businesses are permitted to reopen in June or July, I could totally see my bowling center doing a 8-10 week short season summer league just to start generating revenue. I would have no issue getting on board with that.
    I'm with you on that. Im my area, I look forward to two "King of the Hill" weekly tournaments for the summer season. I have new equipment just to be more competitive for the various sport patterns they will pull out of the sky.

Ringer

Quote Originally Posted by kingtut View Post
    I'm with you on that. Im my area, I look forward to two "King of the Hill" weekly tournaments for the summer season. I have new equipment just to be more competitive for the various sport patterns they will pull out of the sky.
    I had just started using all new equipment a few weeks before the virus hit. One of the balls has never even made its way down the lane! I also have 4 brand new balls that need to get to the pro shop once it reopens. Oh well, just gives me something to look forward to!

The bowling center I go to did a "King of the Hill" sport shot summer tournament series a few years ago. They would get about 8-10 participants each week, however a couple of weeks had to be canceled because only 2 or 3 people would come out for it [especially on mornings when the weather was really nice.] It lasted one summer and then never came back. They have a much bigger, regular turnout for the summer handicap house shot tournaments. People love those and the different formats used (no tap, scotch doubles, etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryster View Post
    I had just started using all new equipment a few weeks before the virus hit. One of the balls has never even made its way down the lane! I also have 4 brand new balls that need to get to the pro shop once it reopens. Oh well, just gives me something to look forward to!

The bowling center I go to did a "King of the Hill" sport shot summer tournament series a few years ago. They would get about 8-10 participants each week, however a couple of weeks had to be canceled because only 2 or 3 people would come out for it [especially on mornings when the weather was really nice.] It lasted one summer and then never came back. They have a much bigger, regular turnout for the summer handicap house shot tournaments. People love those and the different formats used (no tap, scotch doubles, etc.)
    Yeah, The last one I participated in this past summer was similar to that. We would have on average about 8 people. Sometimes only 3 people came out because it was a really nice day. Funny, that one guy came out on that day because he didn't to participate in his softball league that day. Let's just say he was quite upset when he got there. The one "King of the Hill" I used to participate in a few years back is really big now. I heard they would have anywhere from 15 to 45 people participating. The summer is going to be fun, if we get back to level of normalcy again.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast