Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 30 of 30

Thread: Had our League payout.

  1. #21
    High Roller
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    1,534
    Chats: 0

    Default

    Got my league payout today. The payouts were dispersed last week but I made it over to teammates house to get it today. $235 for 81 games and we were in last after the first 1/2 and I think next to last at the end of the 2nd half so we were pretty far down.
    Arsenal "15# DV8 Glam" "15# Radical Squatch Pearl" "15# Radical Conspiracy" "15# Brunswick Kingpin (at home on the shelf now)" "15# Hammer Black Widow Gold" "15# Brunswick Rhino Black Pearl"
    Rev Rate about 325 @ about 17.5 MPH * High Game: 267 - High Series: 657
    Oh, and LEFTY!!!
    I am a proud member of bowlingboards.com bowling forums

  2. #22
    High Roller
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    1,534
    Chats: 0

    Default

    Well some PA counties were not permitted to re-open under yellow phase. Specifically Beaver County (where our center is). All surrounding counties are allowed to open for about 100+ miles. There is a nursing home there that accounted for 90% of all Covid cases in the county. Take that away and the county is inline with surrounding counties. Local DA's said they would not charge any business owners that decided to open following yellow phase guidelines that all other counties are under now. PA governor Wolf just said that if you defy his order he will withhold state funds to those counties and will have your licenses and permits revoked and report your business to the insurance companies in an attempt to get your insurance coverage denied. This guy is ruthless. Let him give up his salary and live off of unemployment. Oh, and before he was governor he owned a kitchen cabinet business then sold it. That business was permitted to stay open through all of this.
    Arsenal "15# DV8 Glam" "15# Radical Squatch Pearl" "15# Radical Conspiracy" "15# Brunswick Kingpin (at home on the shelf now)" "15# Hammer Black Widow Gold" "15# Brunswick Rhino Black Pearl"
    Rev Rate about 325 @ about 17.5 MPH * High Game: 267 - High Series: 657
    Oh, and LEFTY!!!
    I am a proud member of bowlingboards.com bowling forums

  3. #23
    Bowler
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Southeast PA
    Posts
    103
    Chats: 0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by boatman37 View Post
    Well some PA counties were not permitted to re-open under yellow phase. Specifically Beaver County (where our center is). All surrounding counties are allowed to open for about 100+ miles. There is a nursing home there that accounted for 90% of all Covid cases in the county. Take that away and the county is inline with surrounding counties. Local DA's said they would not charge any business owners that decided to open following yellow phase guidelines that all other counties are under now. PA governor Wolf just said that if you defy his order he will withhold state funds to those counties and will have your licenses and permits revoked and report your business to the insurance companies in an attempt to get your insurance coverage denied. This guy is ruthless. Let him give up his salary and live off of unemployment. Oh, and before he was governor he owned a kitchen cabinet business then sold it. That business was permitted to stay open through all of this.
    "Yellow" is kind of a joke. It is no different than "red", except some businesses can reopen and child care centers can open. Otherwise, telework is still suggested where feasible, gyms, salons, barber shops, movie theaters, etc. are still closed and restaurants are still take-out delivery only. It is just a very small step from "red". Stay at home is lifted, but there isn't much open or operating to really make that much of a difference.

    Yeah, Wolf is really playing hardball with the counties that simply want to reopen and allow people to get back to work and support themselves and the local economy. His former cabinet business is an interesting case. They received a waiver from the shutdown when it first started. Then within a week after the shutdown, the waiver was rescinded which meant they should have closed. However, they have been operating during the shutdown without the waiver and there have been no repercussions. Even though he no longer owns it, the fact that they never shut down should be enough to get an investigation against him going. However, the State AG is also one of his cronies so that will never happen.

    In reality, if all of the counties just gradually and sensibly started reopening there would be nothing he could do to stop it. He can't arrest everyone, he can't withhold funds from over half the state, and he couldn't pull/revoke business licenses for tens of thousands of businesses. That would essentially destroy the state and there would be nothing left for him to govern. Not to mention it would be a total embarrassment for his political career.
    Last edited by Ryster; 05-12-2020 at 08:32 AM.
    Radical Beyond Ridiculous - Radical Ludicrous - Radical Cyclops Pearl
    Brunswick Vintage Danger Zone - DV8 Vandal Smash - DV8 Pitbull

  4. #24
    High Roller
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    1,534
    Chats: 0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryster View Post
    "Yellow" is kind of a joke. It is no different than "red", except some businesses can reopen and child care centers can open. Otherwise, telework is still suggested where feasible, gyms, salons, barber shops, movie theaters, etc. are still closed and restaurants are still take-out delivery only. It is just a very small step from "red". Stay at home is lifted, but there isn't much open or operating to really make that much of a difference.

    Yeah, Wolf is really playing hardball with the counties that simply want to reopen and allow people to get back to work and support themselves and the local economy. His former cabinet business is an interesting case. They received a waiver from the shutdown when it first started. Then within a week after the shutdown, the waiver was rescinded which meant they should have closed. However, they have been operating during the shutdown without the waiver and there have been no repercussions. Even though he no longer owns it, the fact that they never shut down should be enough to get an investigation against him going. However, the State AG is also one of his cronies so that will never happen.

    In reality, if all of the counties just gradually and sensibly started reopening there would be nothing he could do to stop it. He can't arrest everyone, he can't withhold funds from over half the state, and he couldn't pull/revoke business licenses for tens of thousands of businesses. That would essentially destroy the state and there would be nothing left for him to govern. Not to mention it would be a total embarrassment for his political career.
    if you look at the map Beaver County is the only county still in lockdown within maybe 100 miles. Ohio and WV are not under lockdown anymore as far as I know. More of our yellow phase so all yellow within at least 100 miles. Does Wolf think all the residents of Beaver County are going to stay in Beaver County? lol
    Arsenal "15# DV8 Glam" "15# Radical Squatch Pearl" "15# Radical Conspiracy" "15# Brunswick Kingpin (at home on the shelf now)" "15# Hammer Black Widow Gold" "15# Brunswick Rhino Black Pearl"
    Rev Rate about 325 @ about 17.5 MPH * High Game: 267 - High Series: 657
    Oh, and LEFTY!!!
    I am a proud member of bowlingboards.com bowling forums

  5. #25
    Bowler
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Southeast PA
    Posts
    103
    Chats: 0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by boatman37 View Post
    if you look at the map Beaver County is the only county still in lockdown within maybe 100 miles. Ohio and WV are not under lockdown anymore as far as I know. More of our yellow phase so all yellow within at least 100 miles. Does Wolf think all the residents of Beaver County are going to stay in Beaver County? lol
    EXACTLY! LOL

    Ever since the stay at home order went into effect, residents have been traveling to outside areas to get things they need/want, or just for something to do. While probably not the best idea and not what the stay at home order intended, it is just naturally what Americans do. To go from having the freedom to basically do whatever and go wherever, to being told NOT to do anything except go to the local store only when absolutely necessary and right back home was unnatural. Plus, it wasn't a gradual change in lifestyle...it all happened overnight. Then to expect people to do that for months with no end in sight just makes it seem even more oppressive.

    I have done my part, and only left the house once per week since March 13th to go to the store and then come right back home. My county is still "red", and we have been told that there is currently no estimate as to when we will be out of the "red". Our current stay at home order has been pushed to June 4th, which means nothing. I am guessing that the week of May 25th, Wolf will announce that a few more counties are going to "yellow", but the counties in and around Philly will again stay "red", and we will be extended to July sometime. It is all getting to be a bit crazy. This just isn't what America is supposed to be like. If this truly is the "new normal", it is going to take a very long time to adjust.

    Just to stay on the original topic...no word from our bowling center yet other than facebook postings about "we hope to open soon" and "think about joining a summer league!" I know they have furloughed most, if not all, of their staff. I think it is time for them to end the winter leagues, adjust the prize funds, and pay everyone out. Leaving hundreds of league bowlers hanging, and holding on to prize money that some truly might need right now, is just being too optimistic. I get why they don't want to do it, but it is going to have to be done soon.
    Radical Beyond Ridiculous - Radical Ludicrous - Radical Cyclops Pearl
    Brunswick Vintage Danger Zone - DV8 Vandal Smash - DV8 Pitbull

  6. #26
    High Roller
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    1,534
    Chats: 0

    Default

    Yeah our winter league normally ends the first week of May anyway because of the summer league starting. actually the first day of summer league is the last day of winter league so we have a waiver on the limit for pre-bowling for the first week. normally we only allow 2 pre-bowlers per team per week
    Arsenal "15# DV8 Glam" "15# Radical Squatch Pearl" "15# Radical Conspiracy" "15# Brunswick Kingpin (at home on the shelf now)" "15# Hammer Black Widow Gold" "15# Brunswick Rhino Black Pearl"
    Rev Rate about 325 @ about 17.5 MPH * High Game: 267 - High Series: 657
    Oh, and LEFTY!!!
    I am a proud member of bowlingboards.com bowling forums

  7. #27
    High Roller
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    2,993
    Chats: 13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryster View Post
    EXACTLY! LOL

    Just to stay on the original topic...no word from our bowling center yet other than facebook postings about "we hope to open soon" and "think about joining a summer league!" I know they have furloughed most, if not all, of their staff. I think it is time for them to end the winter leagues, adjust the prize funds, and pay everyone out. Leaving hundreds of league bowlers hanging, and holding on to prize money that some truly might need right now, is just being too optimistic. I get why they don't want to do it, but it is going to have to be done soon.
    Neither league that I bowl (bowled?) in have officially ended. I talked to a former teammate who bowled in a different league for 2019-2020 who hasn’t yet heard anything about ending the season. For my Thursday league there is a good chance that we could finish things up when the center reopens. We only have 10 three person teams and bowl at 4 p.m. For the Monday league there’s almost no way we will be able to finish out the season. It is the smallest of the three leagues that bowl Monday night and there is not one lane available for open bowling between 6:00 p.m. and 9:00 p.m. I suppose it could happen if the larger of the other two leagues doesn’t finish up and the alley doesn’t organize any summer leagues. There has been zero communication from the officers of the Monday league. The center has actually had the managers call every league bowler to say how much they appreciate us yada yada yada. They also send at least one e-mail a week. The Thursday league has been in regular communication with a “No News Newsletter” that gives some distraction from the boredom of shelter in place.
    John

  8. #28
    Bowler
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Southeast PA
    Posts
    103
    Chats: 0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by J Anderson View Post
    Neither league that I bowl (bowled?) in have officially ended. I talked to a former teammate who bowled in a different league for 2019-2020 who hasn’t yet heard anything about ending the season. For my Thursday league there is a good chance that we could finish things up when the center reopens. We only have 10 three person teams and bowl at 4 p.m. For the Monday league there’s almost no way we will be able to finish out the season. It is the smallest of the three leagues that bowl Monday night and there is not one lane available for open bowling between 6:00 p.m. and 9:00 p.m. I suppose it could happen if the larger of the other two leagues doesn’t finish up and the alley doesn’t organize any summer leagues. There has been zero communication from the officers of the Monday league. The center has actually had the managers call every league bowler to say how much they appreciate us yada yada yada. They also send at least one e-mail a week. The Thursday league has been in regular communication with a “No News Newsletter” that gives some distraction from the boredom of shelter in place.
    Most of the leagues at the center where I bowl had 5-6 weeks left in the season. Assuming the center can reopen in mid-July (at the earliest), and the distancing rules can be accommodated in a way to allow all of the leagues to continue, theoretically there would be enough time to finish the leagues just before the new winter season starts. I think that is a little optimistic as the CDC guidelines will dictate how many people can be in the center and how far away we have to stand from each other. If this stretches in to August, it would be impossible to finish out the season unless they intend to try to double up on league sessions or have everyone pre-bowl when available or something crazy.

    There are many people at the bowling center who bowl on leagues, and that weekly league fee is a big expenditure for them. They really deserve to be contacted and asked if they would like to end the league and get their portion of the prize fund. For many of them, that could be a few weeks worth of food or other expenses during this whole pandemic. Hopefully the bowling center is thinking about that and realizes that the prize fund money they are banking/holding for the leagues belongs to the bowlers and is not the bowling center's money.
    Radical Beyond Ridiculous - Radical Ludicrous - Radical Cyclops Pearl
    Brunswick Vintage Danger Zone - DV8 Vandal Smash - DV8 Pitbull

  9. #29
    Pin Crusher Hammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    1,115
    Chats: 0

    Default

    My senior league and my regular league settled with our money after our bowling center closed down because of the COVID-19 virus. I couldn't believe how much money my wife and I got back. I sure am missing going bowling on my two leagues. I have been bowling since the first season of league bowling in 1978. I still like to bowl even now. I hope we can get back to it soon. Stay safe.
    Arsenal: Columbia 300 Yellow Dot Bleeder Plastic Ball 15lbs, Columbia 300 Lava Ball Plastic 14lbs, Blue Hammer urethane 14lbs.
    High game 276 High scratch series 710 Bowling 36 years Never hit that 300 game.

  10. #30
    Bowler
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Southeast PA
    Posts
    103
    Chats: 0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
    My senior league and my regular league settled with our money after our bowling center closed down because of the COVID-19 virus. I couldn't believe how much money my wife and I got back. I sure am missing going bowling on my two leagues. I have been bowling since the first season of league bowling in 1978. I still like to bowl even now. I hope we can get back to it soon. Stay safe.
    I start summer league tonight. I practiced for the first time in 14 weeks this past Saturday. While it was nice to be back, it doesn't feel 100% safe. The center where I bowl is not requiring masks, only encouraging them. They are also only following 50% capacity guidelines for open bowling. League bowling is just as it was before the pandemic. Two teams per pair, no empty lanes in between, etc. I wish they would simply follow the state's guidelines to the letter, which clearly state that all customers in recreational sports facilities *must* wear a mask unless they are participating in the sport. It also stipulates that groups cannot exceed 50% of licensed capacity or 250 people, whichever is smaller.

    I will try it, but if it seems too crazy or careless I may have to just drop off and open bowl once a week when I know it will be better distanced. We'll see.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •