Thread: Virtual Birthday Party

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

Default Virtual Birthday Party

On Sunday our niece hosted a virtual birthday party for her 8 year old son. It started as a Facetime event but after half an hour of trying to get one household’s video to come in, it switched to a Zoom meeting. It was good to see and talk to the family but it definitely leaves something to be desired, like everyone getting to share the cake.

So has anyone else gotten to take advantage of technology for family get togethers?
    John

High Roller
    Chats: 0

Cool. Not us. My daughter stops down occasionally but we have all been working from home so no contact with any others. Stopped at my mothers the other day. They haven't been out of their house for a few weeks. We dropped off material for my mother to make masks for the family. My son is in Massachusetts for work for a few weeks so can't see him anyway. One step-son stops here once or twice a week but doesn't stay long and keeps his distance. Oldest step-son is a police officer but haven't seen him since this started and he only lives 5 miles away...lol. Us and our 4 kids are all still working but daughter is a financial advisor and working from home on commission but nobody is spending money right now so her income has been cut drastically.

We facetime our 6 year old granddaughter but we have always done that anyway (yep, she is the one that lives 5 miles away...lol)
    Arsenal "15# Global Eternity Pi-45x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Xponent-60x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Zen Soul-60x4.5x40" "15# Roto Grip Idol Helios-90 x 2.25 x 45" "15# 900 Global Altered Reality-50x3.625x30" "15# Brunswick Uppercut-80x3.625x35" "15# Brunswick Igniter-70x5.5x35" "15# Raw Hammer Pearl 45x5.75x40" "15# Brunswick T-Zone"
    Rev Rate about 270 @ about 15.5 MPH at the pins* High Game: 290 - High Series: 733. PAP: 5 1/8"x1" up; tilt 20*, rotation 75*. YTD highs - 290-733
    Oh, and LEFTY!!!

I'm a member of a writing group. We used to meet every month to talk about stories we're writing and read each other's work. Now the meetings have moved to Zoom. Bad part: my stinkin' internet connection won't let me see the live videos, so I have to join by telephone. Good part: we are now meeting every week. *Shrugs.* Whatever, you have to do what you have to do, but I don't like it. I miss seeing people smile.

Chats: 55

Quote Originally Posted by J Daisy View Post
    I'm a member of a writing group. We used to meet every month to talk about stories we're writing and read each other's work. Now the meetings have moved to Zoom. Bad part: my stinkin' internet connection won't let me see the live videos, so I have to join by telephone. Good part: we are now meeting every week. *Shrugs.* Whatever, you have to do what you have to do, but I don't like it. I miss seeing people smile.
    Daisy, don't worry....people aren't smiling much lately. Lots of grumpiness.
    Proud member of bowlingboards.com bowling forums & winner of bowling ball give-away!
    High Series - 704; High Game - 290 (a long time ago) Current Average - 150

Quote Originally Posted by classygranny View Post
    Daisy, don't worry....people aren't smiling much lately. Lots of grumpiness.
    Haha, I know what you mean. And I can't even smile at people myself if I'm hiding behind a mask. It just looks like I'm glaring. We have emojis, though. At least there's that. Sarcasm intended.

Chats: 55

Haha, I know what you mean. And I can't even smile at people myself if I'm hiding behind a mask. It just looks like I'm glaring. We have emojis, though. At least there's that. Sarcasm intended.
    Proud member of bowlingboards.com bowling forums & winner of bowling ball give-away!
    High Series - 704; High Game - 290 (a long time ago) Current Average - 150

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

My dad had one of the original smiley face buttons that you could pin on the lapel of your suit. It may have been given to him by the personnel office as part of some company wide morale boosting program. He also had a second button that he wore on the back of the lapel that almost certainly came from one of his friends at work. At first glance this button looked like a smiley face, eyes and mouth on a bright yellow circle. However this one had the mouth frowning and the word sh*t printed at the bottom.
    John

Quote Originally Posted by J Anderson View Post
    My dad had one of the original smiley face buttons that you could pin on the lapel of your suit. It may have been given to him by the personnel office as part of some company wide morale boosting program. He also had a second button that he wore on the back of the lapel that almost certainly came from one of his friends at work. At first glance this button looked like a smiley face, eyes and mouth on a bright yellow circle. However this one had the mouth frowning and the word sh*t printed at the bottom.
    Haha, that's funny. I know somebody with one of those pins (the smiling ones). Never saw that other one, though.

B)