Thread: Strong Odor on new Bowling Ball

Chats: 0

Default Strong Odor on new Bowling Ball

Has anybody ever experienced this before, by chance?

I received my Brunswick Uppercut in the mail today, and the box it came in, the plastic bag, and the ball itself, had a strong chemical/cleaner smell to it, which was very odd to say the least.

I ordered it through Bowling.com as I've done in the past with no problems, and after live chatting with someone from the site, claimed that their warehouse has recently inquired about the same thing directly to Brunswick, because apparently the smell has something to do with the components that go into making the ball itself, but I never thought something could have that strong of an odor to it, that's for certain. They did recommend ball cleaner to help tame the odor a little bit, so I used my Storm foaming cleaner with a towel, but it only helped a little bit.

Again, something very random to say the least, but just wanted to see if someone else has either heard of this happening recently, or had it happen to them as well.

Cheers!

Ringer

All of the Brunswick, Radical, and DV8 balls I have purchased recently have had a very strong chemical odor. I have a Brunswick Fearless, DV8 Turmoil2 solid, and DV8 Turmoil2 Pearl all sitting here at home undrilled and they all have a distinct industrial chemical odor. My other Big B equipment had the odor as well, but it quickly dissipated once I had them drilled and started using them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryster View Post
    All of the Brunswick, Radical, and DV8 balls I have purchased recently have had a very strong chemical odor. I have a Brunswick Fearless, DV8 Turmoil2 solid, and DV8 Turmoil2 Pearl all sitting here at home undrilled and they all have a distinct industrial chemical odor. My other Big B equipment had the odor as well, but it quickly dissipated once I had them drilled and started using them.
    That's good to know that I wasn't alone in having this experience from them, rather odd to say the least. Had no problems with my Rhino & Tzone that I ordered in the past, which initially gave me cause for concern.

Much appreciate the feedback!

Ringer

I always laugh and joke that they are trying to compete with that company in Utah and add a little fragrance to their products!

Hopefully, Brunswick get the fragrance right if that is what they are trying to do. I love the fragrances in my Storm bowling balls. The grape fragrance on my Phaze 3 is awesome. The so called blueberry on my first drilled ball 5 years ago, the Punch Out is still there.