Thread: Take Flight!

Chats: 0

Default Take Flight!

Layout:
    65 x 5” x 35

What happens when you take the technology from the Venom Shock and update it for today’s conditions? The sky-blue explosion known as the Ripcord Flight was born to provide a heavier-volume compliment to MOTIV’s oldest continuous ball in production so that you can have that classic, controllable reaction in your hand for longer in the day.
    The most pronounced feature of this ball is the eye-popping, two-toned color that stands out on the lanes. Don’t let this visual fool you, though. The uprated Turmoil Max Solid coverstock (3000 LSS) has been engineered to handle medium-heavy volumes and gives you strong traction for a good mid-lane read. To compliment the strength of this cover, the Oblivion core (2.53RG, .047Diff) was placed inside of it for its great versatility: it provides both the higher RG push to get through the heads easier while providing the dual-density flare enhancement for better lane grip. This dynamic duo has created a motion similar to the Venom Shock, but in higher volumes.
    I laid my Flight out exactly like my original Shock (which is still kicking after six strong years of performance!) expecting a smooth, controlled motion throughout the lane like its older brother; it delivers exactly that. With its overall strength, the Flight has had no issues handling the fresh house shots that I have tried throwing it on. In fact, on some nights when the pattern seems to be a bit thinner, this ball acts like it’s in the high performance category and I have to look for a level down from it, such as the Tank Blitz. The most consistent thing I see throughout throwing this ball is, well, its consistency. This Ripcord has been remarkable at being able to grip the mid-lane so that it can create a predictable motion on the back half of the lane. By having this sort of control, you have the ability to make moves confidently to stay on top of the transition. I have yet to have a shot uncontrollably jump off the dry or suddenly bounce and create a detrimental angle through the pins. To that point, this ball was not designed to give you skid/snap or to open up the lane dramatically. Predictability is a key asset when battling early in the day conditions, and the Ripcord Flight delivers in that category.

Trent Overbey
    In the Zone Pro Shop
    MOTIV Staff
    ww.motivbowling.com

Really? After weeks of very few, if any, bowling posts here, we get an ad from a Motiv staffer? Personally, I just want to get back to bowling, and I really don't care if I'm rolling a rock from the nearby desert!

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

Quote Originally Posted by RobLV1 View Post
    Really? After weeks of very few, if any, bowling posts here, we get an ad from a Motiv staffer? Personally, I just want to get back to bowling, and I really don't care if I'm rolling a rock from the nearby desert!
    Me too Rob. It’s hard to get excited about buying new balls, let alone justifying the expense, when it looks like we’re still weeks or months from having a place to use them.
    John