Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Our Bowling center reopening

Hopefully he fries for his b.s.

Ringer
    Chats: 0

Quote Originally Posted by chrono00 View Post
    Anyone in delco pa? Know any counties or other states nearby opening any alleys? Lol
    No bowling centers allowed to open here in PA until they are in a "green" zone. You might have to drive to West Virginia or Ohio to find any open bowling centers LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryster View Post
    No bowling centers allowed to open here in PA until they are in a "green" zone. You might have to drive to West Virginia or Ohio to find any open bowling centers LOL.
    Oh I know they aren’t “allowed” I meant maybe someone heard of an own see saying screw Wolff and defying what’s at this point overkill. Plus in our area we are close to nj, deleware, and even to some extent Maryland. So maybe we get lucky and those states open some stuff up

Ringer

Quote Originally Posted by chrono00 View Post
    Oh I know they aren’t “allowed” I meant maybe someone heard of an own see saying screw Wolff and defying what’s at this point overkill. Plus in our area we are close to nj, deleware, and even to some extent Maryland. So maybe we get lucky and those states open some stuff up
    That would be nice, but the bowling center owners I know in this area are historically always by the book when it comes to stuff like that. They don't want to risk losing it all in defiance of the orders. Something will have to be done soon, though. Here in Montco, we are still averaging 101 new cases daily. That is over 3x what Wolf wants to see before moving a county to yellow. One day recently we had a day where there were only 18 reported new cases...the very next day there were 164 new cases. At this rate, we will be "red" for months. People are getting restless and careless around here. It is kind of worrisome. You can't keep people locked down for months on end and expect them to remain docile the whole time. Even if we go yellow in June, it will be another several weeks before going green. I am guessing maybe August. Hopefully before then, but August is my best guess for when things in this area go green.

DE centers are still closed and DE police will stop you from entering the state if you have out of state plates on your car, so that would be tough. MD and VA centers are still closed. I wouldn't want to risk a trip to a bowling center in NJ even if they reopen before PA.

Still closed in Ohio, until further notice.

Ringer

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyCatFace View Post
    Still closed in Ohio, until further notice.
    Well, hey...at least you can go to a barber now. That's something I would love to be able to do!

Kind of funny, Ohio guidance is suggesting "curbside pickup" for salons, barbers, etc. That would be kind of interesting LOL
    https://coronavirus.ohio.gov/static/...Facilities.pdf
    Last edited by Ryster; 05-18-2020 at 04:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryster View Post
    That would be nice, but the bowling center owners I know in this area are historically always by the book when it comes to stuff like that. They don't want to risk losing it all in defiance of the orders. Something will have to be done soon, though. Here in Montco, we are still averaging 101 new cases daily. That is over 3x what Wolf wants to see before moving a county to yellow. One day recently we had a day where there were only 18 reported new cases...the very next day there were 164 new cases. At this rate, we will be "red" for months. People are getting restless and careless around here. It is kind of worrisome. You can't keep people locked down for months on end and expect them to remain docile the whole time. Even if we go yellow in June, it will be another several weeks before going green. I am guessing maybe August. Hopefully before then, but August is my best guess for when things in this area go green.

DE centers are still closed and DE police will stop you from entering the state if you have out of state plates on your car, so that would be tough. MD and VA centers are still closed. I wouldn't want to risk a trip to a bowling center in NJ even if they reopen before PA.
    The deleware thing is mostly overblown bs. They did it at total wine for a few days because it’s a huge store on the border. Meanwhile you can drive a mile down the road to other deleware liquor stores with no fan fare.

I’ve also been in deleware at least twice in the last month with no problems.

And if your it of state your allowed in if your visiting to care for a loved one or passing through, so if pulled over you use either excuse. And when they ask where the loved one lives the answer is simple.

“That’s not your business” or if you wanna be nice “ deleware”

High Roller

stopped at a local store today and i think i was the only one of about 4 or 5 in there wearing a mask. i think people are just over it and don't care anymore
    Arsenal "15# Global Eternity Pi-45x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Xponent-60x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Zen Soul-60x4.5x40" "15# Roto Grip Idol Helios-90 x 2.25 x 45" "15# 900 Global Altered Reality-50x3.625x30" "15# Brunswick Uppercut-80x3.625x35" "15# Brunswick Igniter-70x5.5x35" "15# Raw Hammer Pearl 45x5.75x40" "15# Brunswick T-Zone"
    Rev Rate about 270 @ about 15.5 MPH at the pins* High Game: 290 - High Series: 733. PAP: 5 1/8"x1" up; tilt 20*, rotation 75*. YTD highs - 290-733
    Oh, and LEFTY!!!

Chats: 221

Last news for our center is August
    Still love the game but had to quit because of my left leg amptation
    High game 299 x 5 High sanctioned series 805 (1989)

Ringer

Quote Originally Posted by boatman37 View Post
    stopped at a local store today and i think i was the only one of about 4 or 5 in there wearing a mask. i think people are just over it and don't care anymore
    Everyone around here is still wearing masks, but the social distancing thing is out the window. No one is abiding by it anymore. The waiting lines to get in to stores are also growing, which means more people are out and about and not staying at home.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast